Ayurveda and the Holiday Season
Cooking! Kitchens! Food! I am devoting an episode of the Yogahealer Real Life Show to discovering a deeper nourishment throughout the holiday season. No more food guilt. No more getting out of touch, out of sync.
We’re smartening up as a tribe. We’re going to cooperate with our cravings. We’re going to enjoy a festive season with the peeps we love.
Listen to this episode as I talk you through the basic practice of Kitchen Sadhana, and then interview John Immel, founder of the Joyful Belly. He takes us on a tour through hunger, cravings and through the vegetable aisles. This conversation turns you in towards yourself as you celebrate the season of darkness. Celebrate a more nourishing relationship with your peeps and your body.
Learn about the changing palette from autumn to winter. And gain the best, simple tool to take a break from food. Listen in and create some space for what is to come.
In this episode:
- Kitchen Sadhana! A Reading by Cate from Body Thrive, #1 New Release in Ayurveda Books
- Sadhana in your Kitchen
- Why you want to apply discernment over discipline in December
- The best tool for when heavy food is dragging you down.
- What to do if you’re in an adversarial relationship with your body during the holidays
Interview with Dr. John Immel of The Joyful Belly
- Explains Christmas Cakes vs. Thanksgiving Pies from the Ayurvedic Perspective
- Going from rich to savory foods in December
- How to Transition from fall to winter diet
- Why you want to decongest your liver between Thanksgiving and Christmas
Links from the Conversation:
- Body Thrive Book Special
- Winter Day Tip Sheet
- Explore Your Hunger by John Immel
- Red Cabbage Recipe from John
“What you want to do is rub your tongue on the roof of your mouth.” John Immel
“When you have the sense of being supported, that is real. That is just true. Listen to it with confidence. Having that supportive broth might be just the medicine for recovery after that holiday party. That is how you stay strong.” John Immel
“Notice when the fatty food cravings seem to subside. Hear what is happening and effortlessly go with the flow. Affirm what your body is saying to you.”