Ayurvedic Spring Detox and the Doshas with Alex Biondo
Take a moment to stop what you are doing and ask yourself how you feel right now? And then ask yourself, how do you desire to feel? Notice how those two answers differ. On today’s podcast, Alex Biondo and I discuss seasonal detoxing and detoxing for your dosha type. As you head into spring, you may want to let go of excess heaviness and weight. If you are moving into winter season then you want to feel more grounded and nourished. Perhaps you want to rid yourselves of the vata imbalances that you have acquired from season to season. Or maybe your looking to get back into sync with your bodies natural rhythms, slow down, rejuvenate, and learn some self care techniques. By detoxing our bodies and minds, we learn to fully digest not only our food but also emotions, excess doshas, toxicity, old habits and traumas. We shift our metabolism and move from superficial to deep digestion, and once we’re in this place, our attraction to the things in our lives that are superficial and unnecessary fall away naturally.
If you are interested in doing a detox, check out the Yogi Detox with Yoga Healer each fall and spring at yogidetox.com!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to detox and how detoxing supports your body type
- What is my Ayurvedic dosha type?
- How do doshas fit in to detoxing?
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Spring Yogi detox
- Have a conversation with Alex Biondo
- Check out the Body Thrive course to automate your habits of seasonal rhythmic living
- Body Thrive Book
- 00:45- How do you feel right now? And how do you want to feel? What things are disrupting the natural rhythm of your bodies? Disruption in rhythm = disruption in Vata
- 9:00- We talk about the 2-3 days transition into the detox that is essential for us to deeply, nourish, heal and evolve ourselves
- 11:20- The specificities of detoxing for each dosha type
- 18:15- Learn about the year long Body Thrive course beginning in May, that teaches us to automate habits of deeper rhythmic daily living
- “There are these sacred transitions in the seasons where we give ourselves permission to under do, to unwind and to deeply nourish.” -Cate Stillman
- “The doshic imbalances that are trying to clear that will speak themselves through desire.” – Cate Stillman
- “If I were to upgrade or reset my system and my habits, what would be better right now?” -Cate Stillman
Alex Biondo is Head of Admissions at Yogahealer. She is also a Yoga Health Coach and 200 hour RYT certified Yoga Teacher. Every day, Alex talks to people who are interested in thriving at new levels of health and business. She coaches and guides people into finding their best path to reach for their dreams. Growing, preparing and sharing and writing about nourishing and delicious food is Alex’s passion. She’s a busy single mom with a vibrant teenage daughter. Connect with Alex on her facebook page or contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a strategy session!