Back to School with Ayurveda
Fall is a time of year when things are changing. For those who have a love of learning, this is a time when the door is wide open for growth and expansion. The seasons are also changing, everything in nature is drying out, and if we don’t take care of ourselves physically, we can leave ourselves vulnerable to lots of minor ailments.
Our five senses inform of us the changes, while our mind opens to accelerated growth this time of year. Vata season ushers in the change. It's expansive energy invites us to expand, to learn, to grow, to go beyond where we've been. Listen in to attune.
In this episode I talk about:
How to care deeply care for yourself and your family at this unique time. Here are a few of my top tips:
- Engage the whole family in time saving family meetings
- Minimize your food preparation time while maximizing nutritional content
- Find ways to do quick burst of exercise both alone and with other family members
- Get oiling!
- Take a good look at your tongue
If you need more detail on oiling your orifices, jumping for joy or time saving kitchen tips all designed to maximise health and learning potential for the this new school year tune into my podcast.
- 9.19 Cate’s recipe for boo candy
- 13.06 Exercise in short bursts with your kids
- 14.00 Find out your kids constitution at yogahealer.com/healthier kids.
- 14.40 Make a simple menu plan. Print Your Weekly Meal Planner.
- Early Dinners Cheat Sheet – PDF to print
- Perfect Autumn Day – Print PDF
- Check out my Healthier Kids Class. Your coupon to find out your kids constitution is podcast5.
- Body Thrive book available on Amazon after November 2015. If you're looking for something now, check out my book Good Morning Yogis to help get your kids into better self care habits.