Creativity, Career + Lifestyle Design with Paul Jarvis
Paul Jarvis used to write for Fast Company, Newsweek, Forbes, LifeHackerand BuzzFeed. Now he only shares his articles with his mailing list. Listen in on this cultural creative, formerly famous website designer, on dharma, life and offending your avatars.
In this Conversation with Paul Jarvis
- How Paul designs the life he wants
- Making stuff 2 layers deeper than what our tribe says they want
- Following No Plan and living from flow
- How to avoid 1-dimensional customer avatars
- “I don’t think. I listen.”
- “Building websites is what I did for 15 years, but I didn’t learn anything.”
- “A lot of creators are not aware that they can choose their audience. Why would I want to build an audience of people who are offended by who I really am?”
- “The outer conditions of a person’s life will always be found to be harmoniously related to his inner state…Men do not attract that which they want, but that which they are.” As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
Links from today’s show:
- Paul’s Books: Everything I know; The Good Creative
- Paul’s website
- Manduka Yoga Mats is sending yoga parph and prizes for the leaders on the inside of our tribe.