Healing with Cannabis: How to Heal Stage 4 Cancer, Crohn’s Disease, or get off Pain Killers
When people get diagnosed with something either chronic or terminal, they suddenly are at the mercy of their doctors. Because of the overwhelming, people don’t always feel competent to stand in their own truth or even ask the right questions.
Many people try to fight diseases with therapy. Unfortunately for others, healing from chronic diseases isn’t for them. With the usage of Cannabis and other THC products, people have had the chance to heal and even have much better health in life.
In this episode, Joanna Matson-Tandberg will share her experiences with cannabis and how it is transforming the medicine industry. Stay tuned!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How can cannabis aid in the healing of a disease?
- Can you treat cancer with gummies or other stuff that is sugar-based?
- What is sublingual?
- We have a global mental health crisis magnified by and contributes to chronic sleep problems and digestive issues. People need and want to feel empowered and more in control; to be able to do more on their own to improve their health and wellbeing.
- For people to gain freedom and independence in their lives, and to take back control of their bodies and mind, they need hope, wisdom, and change.
- We need integrated approaches to self-care, self-love, and daily living routines and habits. People are hungry to learn and access the tools necessary to find contentment in life and freedom to handle daily stress and still stay balanced, grounded, and connected.
- Magazine Interview
- Cate highlighted that cardiovascular disease is a disease of chronic inflammation.
- Cate shares her thoughts that there’s so much variability in guiding members in a course in terms of the medicine and the dose.
- Cate tells a moment when she’s going against the culture.
- [01:28] The Guest’s Background
- [04:57] Using THC Oil to treat Cancer
- [10:17] Understanding Cardiovascular Diseases
- [13:50] Cancer Death Rates
- [15:50} The Variability of Ayurvedic Medicine
- [18:24] Consuming Cannabis Edibles
- [20:20] The Ideal Therapeutic Way to Receive Cannabis
- [22:28] Where people get their own THC Products
- [26:13] Going Against Culture
- [31:13] Venturing into Cannabis Treatments
- [40:36] Getting Control
- [41:27] The Plant Medicine and Pill Culture
- [46:57] The Citizen Data
- [52:51] Plant-Based Products
- “Eat the cannabis in an edible form. You’re going to feel the effects about eight times more than if you’re doing a sublingual or a suppository because the way cannabis is metabolized through the liver gives you eight times the increase of sensation.”
- “It’s easy to feel crazy when you’re counterculture, but it makes so much sense in your own body and intuition. You feel that you are violating yourself when you venture into something not accepted by a common culture.”
- Eventually, you start to get your freedom back. You create your power source inside yourself. There is intelligence so much greater than we understand and so much greater than we have. Even though these plants have incredible healing powers, they also have poison powers because too much of anything is bad.”
Guest Bio: Joanna Matson-Tandberg
ZV Botanicals Founder & CEO, Joanna (Jo) Matson-Tandberg
Joanna is the founder and CEO of ZV Botanicals, a lifestyle and wellness brand offering hand-made CBD-infused Ayurvedic formulas, like tinctures, bitters, body oils, and salves. These small-batch, organic, and 3rd party tested therapeutic formulations are sold directly to the consumer with special attention to educational and inspirational content about healing through Ayurveda and stimulation of the Endocannabinoid system.
Joanna strives to embrace Ayurvedic, Yoga, and cannabis as true healing medicines in all aspects of her life. She learned of the science behind the plants as a form of healing from a debilitating life with Crohn’s, Thyroid disease, and severe degenerative arthritis of her spine.
Her passion for healing naturally extended to her creating a healing protocol for her father, who in, 2015 was diagnosed with Stage IV metastatic melanoma to his lungs, stomach, lymph, and adrenal glands. He overcame this devastating diagnosis by following an Ayurvedic and cannabis oil regime and recently received his “no metastatic masses” radiology report from his oncologist at Emory Medical.
Joanna is a NAMA-recognized Ayurveda Wellness Counselor from the Kerala Ayurveda Academy and is a certified Cannabis Clinician through The Medical Cannabis Institute and Dr. Sulak’s Healer programs. Memberships include the American Herbalists Guild, GreenMed Research, Yoga Alliance, Project CBD, and the Society of Cannabis Clinicians. She is also a faculty member for the Holistic Cannabis Academy and NAMA Pace Provider.
Joanna lives in the Pacific NW with her artist and physicist partner Erik Tandberg. Along with running ZV Botanicals, she teaches Ayurvedic wellness classes and retreats, offers cannabis and ayurvedic counseling, and creates powerful herbal remedies. She strives to balance her life through yoga and mindfulness practices to better fulfill her life’s work of sharing her own experience of healing and helping others.