How to Reduce Chronic Inflammation using Instant Pot Ayurvedic Recipes with Kate O’Donnell
Recent studies have connected chronic inflammation to an array of diseases such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and even cancer. Cate has been teaching people how to feel better in their bodies and increase their health for decades in her Body Thrive and Living Ayurveda courses. But one thing that always seems to be hard for people, when starting a healthier diet, is cooking.
But what if cooking healthy food was, not only simple but fast? Well, it is! All you need is an instant pot. To make it easy for you, Cate connected with Kate O’Donnell, a friend, and ayurvedic cookbook author. Check out some easy recipes that help reduce and prevent chronic inflammation.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to make your own Ayurveda food at home
- How to cook healthy Instant Pot recipes
- How to heat up leftovers without using the microwave
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Check out Kate’s cookbooks
- Change Your Life Course Exclusive Discount
- Get some free resources
- Listen to more podcast episode with Kate O’Donnell
- New Study on Chronic Systemic Inflammation: Now cause of death for 3/5 humans
- From ama to chronic inflammation
- Using your instant pot to make kitchari
- The effects of different beans in your body
- 2:26 Building up ama and chronic inflammation
- 9:52 The benefits of using your instant pot
- 14:17 Instant pot kitchari recipe
- 28:27 Making dal and cooking different beans
- 41:50 Making beet pickle
Kate began yoga by accident in South India at age 20. More than a dozen extended trips to India and twenty years studying the wisdom traditions of the sub-continent support Kate’s understanding of Ayurveda and Yoga.
After years of dedication to the Ashtanga system, Kate has experienced great benefit from this practice and was authorized by her teacher Sharath Jois to teach the Primary and Intermediate series of Ashtanga yoga. She teaches week-long mysore immersions annually in Portland ME, Boston, and abroad.
Kate also specializes in Ayurvedic education, cooking skills, and cleansing programs, offering on-line programs, residential immersions and trainings, and individual consultations. Her Ayurveda and yoga offerings aim to help others come closer to their true nature.