Intermittent Fasting, Detoxing and the Ayurvedic Clock
Today Alex and Biondo and I rap about intermittent fasting, bi-annual detoxing, and why these methods are so important in keeping us healthy, clear, and vibrant. Intermittent fasting, a tool historically rooted in ancient wisdom traditions, orients us towards biological efficiencies by taking the stress and overload of food off our metaphorical plate. It allows us to have more time to process food, emotions, and experiences and gives our bodies a slower, cleaner burn. Learn to use your body as a science experiment. Play with intermittent fasting and detoxing to allow yourself a break from eating and see how much clearer, lighter, more productive, energized and nourished you feel.
I rap with Alex Biondo about intermittent fasting:
- Meal spacing and eating to maximize our bodies efficiencies
- Who will benefit from intermittent fasting?
- Fat metabolism and storing excess fat
- Detoxing twice a year to uplevel your physiology
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How efficiently is your system functioning?
- Why does not eating for 16 hours a day awaken our physiology?
- What is gray fat and why is it good for us?
- Why should we detox our bodies and minds every year?
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- April Yogidetox link – Sign up and bring a friend!
- Brown fat vs. White Fat
- Body Thrive Book
- Body Goals
- 6:45- Fat metabolism and intermittent fasting. Who should be intermittent fasting, how many hours is appropriate to fast, and what is it doing to your physiology?
- 10:50- The difference between white fat (ama) and gray fat (good fat).
- 17:05- Why we do yogi detoxes twice a year and how much easier it is to cleanse as a community. Join our Yogahealer detox this April!
- “How efficiently is your physiology functioning?” -Cate Stillman
- “Am I carrying my yesterday’s into today?” -Cate Stillman
- “Toxins over time are going to increase your experience of chronic disease.” -Cate Stillman
- “I want to feel empty, I want to feel light, I want to feel efficient, I want to feel what true hunger is again.” -Cate Stillman
Alex Biondo is Head of Admissions at Yogahealer. She is also a Yoga Health Coach and 200 hour RYT certified Yoga Teacher. Every day, Alex talks to people who are interested in thriving at new levels of health and business. She coaches and guides people into finding their best path to reach for their dreams. Growing, preparing and sharing and writing about nourishing and delicious food is Alex’s passion. She’s a busy single mom with a vibrant teenage daughter. She lives, gardens, cooks and practices in Boulder, Colorado. Connect with Alex or contact her at email@example.com to book a strategy session!