JJ Virgin and the Miracle Mindset: Overcoming Life’s Hardest Lessons
When I first saw JJ Virgin’s work, I was impressed by her image and presentation. After The Virgin Diet was released and went straight to the top of the New York Times’ Bestseller List, I knew she had her act together as an entrepreneur.When my team booked her on the podcast I was thrilled. I wanted to ask her all about her path as an entrepreneur. Then, I dug into her most recent work — The Miracle Mindset — and found out what she had been through with almost losing her teenage son to a hit-and-run car accident.
I rap with JJ Virgin about the Miracle Mindset:
- How JJ’s mindset evolved as she grew her career and impact
- What her biggest mindset challenge was following her son’s tragic accident
- Why some people are more resilient than others
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Learn the surprising breakthroughs that come with forgiveness
- See why we all need to take risks to grow
- Discover which core mindsets you need for personal growth
- JJ’s Website
- Miracle Mindset Scorecard
- The Miracle Mindset by JJ Virgin
- Get Your FREE Body Goals Session
- Woman, the Emotional Wisdom of Women in Business with Katie Krimitsos
- Exponential Growth + Collective Leadership: A Conversation with Tracey Duncan
- 3:45 — JJ discusses how mindset challenges make us better people and how we need challenge as a catalyst to realize what we’re truly capable of. When we’re coasting through life, we aren’t stopping to think about personal growth.
- 7:00 — There are so many ways we limit ourselves. Changing our mindsets expands our comfort zones and opens us to new possibilities while we learn to show up with courage and build resilience.
- 9:20 — The people who have made the most impact on the most people have gone through the most. They’re more stress-resilient. Life wasn’t easy for them, but they made their way through it.
- 13:20 — Your mindset is a muscle. It doesn’t matter if you’re trying to start a multimillion-dollar company or trying to improve your home life; the skillset is the same. The decision to grow and expand your life is what’s most important.
- 19:00 — Holding grudges doesn’t serve us. We need to process each situation and really work through it to find forgiveness — not just hide the emotions away.
- “When things are going well, that’s not when you went, ‘Gosh, I’ve really become a better person.’” – JJ Virgin
- “We’re never better than when we’re challenged.” – JJ Virgin
- “We go through things in life and we don’t realize the imprint they have and how much they can move us forward.” – JJ Virgin
- “Your ability to handle things expands to incredible degrees.” – JJ Virgin
- “I know…that I’m not playing big enough when I don’t wake up a little bit scared.” – JJ Virgin
- “Am I feeling a little Impostor Syndrome? I’m probably in the right place.” – JJ Virgin
- “Are you inspired? Are you willing to step outside your comfort zone?” – JJ Virgin
- “Think about how life would be if we all took responsibility for ourselves.” – JJ Virgin
Celebrity nutrition and fitness expert JJ Virgin teaches clients how to lose weight and master their mindsets so they can lead bigger, better lives. She’s the author of four New York Times bestsellers: The Virgin Diet, The Virgin Diet Cookbook, JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet, and JJ Virgin’s Sugar Impact Diet Cookbook. Her memoir, Miracle Mindset: A Mother, Her Son, & Life’s Hardest Lessons, explores the powerful lessons in strength and positivity that she learned after her son Grant was the victim of a brutal hit-and-run accident.
JJ hosts the popular JJ Virgin Lifestyle Show podcast and regularly writes for Huffington Post, Rodale Wellness, and other major blogs and magazines. She’s also a frequent guest on TV and radio and speaks at major events. In addition to her work with nutrition and fitness, JJ is also a business coach who founded the premier health entrepreneur event and community, The Mindshare Summit. Find articles, recipes, helpful online programs, and more at www.jjvirgin.com.