Deva Premal + Miten: Healing with Sound
Tune into this beautiful conversation with Deva Premal and Miten. We talk about sacred music, the healing power of mantra, and their new releases. Listen to the podcast to be serenaded!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How mantras can be used for healing
- How to awaken your voice
- How to Heal through voice and music
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Deva Premal & Mitten’s website
- Deva Premal & Mitten’s facebook
- Deva Premal & Mitten’s twitter
- Deva Premal & Mitten’s Instagram
- Miten explains what happens when people come from the busyness of their lives to practice sacred music.
- Deva describes how the ancient sound code of mantra unlocks blockages and heals.
- Cate, Deva, and Miten discuss how sound healing can be done with children.
- 5:00 opening mantra.
- 21:00 seven chakra Gayatri mantra.
- 39:15 connecting to your throat chakra and finding your voice.
- “Music has to appear out of silence for it to be sacred. It comes out of the space of meditation, the silence inside. It takes you on a journey and when it lands it brings you to a deeper silence from the one you just left.” – Miten
- “While we were recording Devotee there was this question: can you die to this music? And that doesn’t mean that it’s music that is only slow or only sad because we always connect such sadness with death. It has reggae in it and it has blues in it! It’s also intensely alive.” – Deva Premal
- “Sing your own song. That’s really the key.” – Deva Premal
Deva Premal & Miten are modern nomads on a mission to share the ancient medicine of mantra. Their music is used for meditation, yoga, massage, and conscious sleep playlists worldwide, and their ‘fans’ include H.H. Dalai Lama, Cher and Eckhart Tolle.