From Yoga Teacher to Entrepreneur with Tina Forsyth
Watch out self-employed boys and girls. Get ready to get down to business with one of my favorite business coaches, Tina Forsyth. I reached out to Tina last winter when I knew I needed to extract myself by 1 level from Yogahealer to recover the space for my “genius-level” work (reference to the The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks). I ended up hiring her to help coach me through buffing out my Yoga Health Coaching Certification program.
In this interview I talk to Tina Forsyth about:
- Taking control of your livelihood for yoga teachers
- Determining if you have a proven career or an expensive hobby
- How to navigate the tapas of the yoga business
- How do determine which stage of business you’re in
- Taking yourself from start-up to leverage
What we mention in this Episode:
- The 3 stages of business for entrepreneurs
- Getting the itch to grow
- Consciously changing your business model when you’re growing
- What should be on your plate… and what shouldn’t
- How to stick to your Yes list
- Women’s advantage in a connection economy
Links from the Conversation
- Get Tina’s Cut Your To-do List in Half
- Watch Cate’s Yoga Teacher’s Income Booster Webinar
- Learn about Yoga Health Coaching as a income- generating career path
Having worked online since 1999, Tina Forsyth is a ‘jill of all trades’ when it comes to creating leveraged revenue streams, establishing key systems and building virtual teams to help your business thrive. She is the author of ‘Becoming an Online Business Manager’, co-founder of the International Association of Online Business Managers and creator of the Certified OBM™ program – the only program of it’s kind to train high-end virtual managers. She is also the author of The Entrepreneur’s Trap and creator of the Automate Your Growth™ Formula where she teaches entrepreneurs her proven step-by-step process to set a strong foundation for business growth. As an entrepreneur and recovering control-freak, Tina is passionate about sharing her experience and helping other entrepreneurs setup the right systems, team and leveraged revenue streams that allow them to stop working so darn hard and have a business that can run without them. (woo hoo!)
Cate’s Favorite Quotes from the Conversation
I believe that owning a business is the best personal growth journey that there is – The good, the bad and the ugly… it all contributes to making us the best possible version of ourselves that we can be (even when it’s hard.)
Business is finding the sweet spot where what you want serves what they need.
If you want to grow on a foundation you want to create a foundation that can grow and expand.
If you want to grow your career, you should learn from an expert in your field who is way ahead of where you want to be… and who knows the steps to get there.
I’m a huge fan of looking at someone who has been where you’ve been, and has created what you desire to create.