How to Handle your Kids Summer Break with Health and Ease with Kirstin Pinit
On today’s podcast Jessica Graham Robinson and Kirstin Pinit rap about how to keep you and your family healthy and happy this summer. Summers can be tough; the days stay lighter later, the kids are out of school, and they don’t have a consistent schedule, which in turn can wreak havoc on the parent’s schedules. It’s important to realize that you, as parents, have the power to decide what you want summer to look like for you and your family. Perhaps the summer routine looks completely different from the school year routine, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be fun, healthy, satisfying, and nourishing all the same. Jessica and Kirstin give us tips on how you and your family can create parameters to stay on course and keep the daily rhythms and habits that are essential for health and stability. Learn to involve your kids in your own Body Thrive habits and enjoy a summer of easeful living!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How can you take care of yourself while taking care of your kids?
- What are your keystone habits for yourself and your family?
- How to deal with summer travel in a healthy way
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Have a conversation with Alex!
- Body Thrive Book
- Yoga Health Coaching
- Body Thrive
- Stay Hydrated with Copper H20
- Simplicity Parenting by Kim John Payne
- Monetize your wellness business with Free 4-video series
- 4:20- Ideas for how to keep your family on course and keeping a healthy routine during the summer months. Keep your kids healthy and happy by keeping yourself healthy and happy!
- 14:15 – Keystone habits for your kids and yourself tied in with summer travel. What habit will anchor you and your family no matter where your summer takes you?
- 19:15 – Let your kids be bored! Why it is so important to slow down, relax and just let your kids chill during the fast paced summer months.
- “Moms, you’re the Queen of the house, you set the tone!… We get to decide what we want our summer to look like.” – Jessica Graham
- “I feel really empowered by the fact that I have a lot of say over how our family runs.” – Kirstin Pinit
- “ When you’re really off schedule, pick a keystone habit, one or two things your just going to do no matter what because you know other things are going to slide.” – Kirstin Pinit
Kirstin Pinit is a Yoga Health Coach, an artist, a student of yoga and massage therapy. She believes that life is more interesting when we seek and find meaning in small moments and go about our everyday routines with love and reverence. Kirstin practices and teaches how to use simple daily habits to unleash a joyful, sensual, creative life Kirstin shares her journey to becoming True Self on her Instagram. Find out about her upcoming courses and collaborations at her website.