Ayurveda, Stress, and Sleep
In Podcasts, Pro Healer
Do you want to sleep deeper at night? Learn the ‘Aaaahh’ breath and my other tips for relieving stress on today’s podcast.
What you’ll get out of tuning in
- What you need to go into a deep sleep.
- Why exhaling is important for sleep.
- How the habits can help us release the pattern of fear.
Links mentioned in Episode
- Cate talks about yoga, practice and exercise shifting her state of consciousness.
- Cate teaches the ‘Aaaahh’ breath.
- Cate describes the benefit of rocking your spine before bed.
- 7:23 Apana life force energy and anxiety.
- 9:20 Opening the lungs to exhale and digest.
- 11:40 Bedtime practice for unwinding and dropping deeper into your breath.
- “Often there’s a level of just being in flight or flight since in utero. Since the beginning. And so when that happens we really want to understand ‘why do I fundamentally not have the ability to really relax and feel safe?’ Because if we don’t have that then these deeper levels of sleep are going to plague us.” – Cate Stillman
- “If the practice does anything, if shift in the state of consciousness does anything, it helps us realize we’re apatterned. That we’re not the pattern, that we’re not any of the patterns we’re currently in. We’re not any of the patterns we are currently choosing, whether we’re choosing them consciously or from the subconscious, from repetition.” – Cate Stillman
- “Deep sleep is the exhale. The day is the inhale, new life. Exhale is the dissolution. The dissolving of your self-sense. The dissolving of who you think you are. The dissolving of the pattern into the unpatterned.” – Cate Stillman
- “If you can’t sleep you are arrhythmic. You’re out of the rhythm of consciousness. It leads to disease. The opposite, living in synch, in rhythm, in cycle leads to ease. And that’s the choice.” – Cate Stillman