Take a Moment of Mindfulness and Breathe with Jill Novak
Slow down. Pause. Take a deep breath. Ask yourself, “What do I need right now?” Notice how much more present, centered, and in touch with yourself you feel.
Sometimes we move so quickly through life that we forget to take the time to enjoy deep, calming breaths…. And they are so important! When we restrict our breath or forget to breath, we hold onto feelings of tightness, stuckness, or fear. When we bring prana or life force into our bodies we feel more in tune, intuitive, and whole and the more our awareness expands.
Tune in to today show with Jessica Robinson and Jill Novak to learn more about the breath, what it does for your overall mental and physical health, and how it can heal and transform you on all levels!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How can your breath change your life?
- Why is it important to get in tune with your breath?
- Tips to be more in tune with yourself and your breath
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Body Thrive Book
- Yoga Health Coaching
- Body Thrive
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks
- Jill Novak website
- Healthier Hormones
- 7:00- We underestimate the power of our breath. It is so important to bring more awareness to our breathing to allow it to flow, to heal, to release, and to bring presence to our lives.
- 14:10- Tips to help us breath more throughout our day. Start with breath body practices in the morning to set the tone for the whole day!
- 20:00- By taking deep breaths, we are allowing our breath access to the cells of our body so that they can be unlocked and tightness, fear, a restriction can be released.
- “If you let your breath define the edges of your container, then the more we let our breath be fluid and strong and smooth, then the bigger our container can be.” -Jill Novak
- “Start to expand your container by unarmoring your breath.” -Jill Novak
- “When your body is in fear, your breath is held. When your body is not in fear, your breath flows.” -Jill Novak
- “We underestimate the amount of healing that can happen if we just breathe!” -Jill Novak
In 2009 JIll Novak took her first 250 hours of Teacher Training with the Yoga Studio College of Canada, with great emphasis on alignment and accessibility for all bodies. For the last year she has been training and practicing Yoga Therapy. She loves the concept of working toward what is right for your body regardless of what the pose looks like on the outside; it is how it feels on the inside that counts. She believes that if we can connect people to that feeling then we are starting to live more firmly in our bodies; this is yoga.
You can get in touch with and learn more about Jill Novak on her website.
Jessica is a yogi, mama, bodyworker, and a Yoga Health Coach (in training). She is the owner of Sacred Space Healing Arts in Wyoming, where she homeschools her two children in the foothills of the mountains. Jessica is thrilled to be using the wisdom of Ayurveda to be guiding other mamas (with or without children) on the transformational journey from the dull and painful land of stagnation and resentment into the Kingdom of Thrive where they become Rhythm Champions! You can find Jessica through her website and her facebook page.