The Art of Relationships with Acharaya Shunya
Relationships are a vital part of our lives. Acharya Shunya struggled with her relationships with others and with herself for years. Through ancient Ayurvedic wisdom, she learned valuable pointers that have caused profound transformations in her relationships. Now, she hosts retreats and events for people around the world so that she can share this powerful wisdom with as many people as possible. Cate and Acharya chat about how often we feel stuck in stagnant relationships. This doesn’t mean, however, that we have to keep feeling this way. Through hard work and practice -especially by attending one of Acharya’s retreats – we can truly transform our relationships. Acharya found that by being straightforward in her interactions with others and maintaining tranquility, she was able to increase the quality of her interactions with those around her. By improving our communication with Ayurvedic wisdom, we can significantly increase our satisfaction and growth in all of our relationships.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to create strong, intimate relationships
- How to improve relationships using Ayurvedic wisdom
- Which Ayurvedic practices grow emotional intimacy
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- 5:00 – Acharya says that in life, we stumble into three types of relationships that we experience differently. These include relationships with inanimate objects, other people, and ourselves.
- 12:00 – Along with being straightforward, Acharya recommends four ancient communication points; being non-violent, staying truthful, speaking pleasantly, and ensuring your words benefit the others.
- 18:00 – It is not abnormal for us to feel stuck in our relationships. Acharya explains that that pain is a cosmic reminder that we have introspection and work to do in these relationships.
- “There’s so much to being able to retreat and to practice and to go apply it.” – Cate Stillman
- “There is a degree of mindfulness in what we share.” – Acharya Shunya
- “Everything we speak stays in the planet and becomes a vibration.” – Acharya Shunya
Acharya Shunya is a master teacher of Advaita Vedanta, the non-dual mystical teachings from India, which are the crowning philosophy of the Vedic tradition, one the most ancient surviving spiritual traditions on the planet today. She is a founder of Vedika Global, a wisdom and international spiritual community, which has its world headquarters in Northern California. At Vedika Global, Acharya Shunya teaches the profound awakening teachings of the enlightened sages of ancient India, including the Upanishads, Bhagavad Gita, and Brahma Sutras.
A rarity today, Acharya Shunya was born into the home of her Guru and grew up studying the Vedas. She spent 14 years perfecting her learning under her Guru, Acharya Ayodhya Nath – a renowned Vedic Guru of his time, who was the disciple of his Guru (his father) Acharya Paramatman Shanti Prakash, another renowned master of his time. Under her ancestors’ direction, the lineage reached great heights and undertook memorable Vedic scholastic and humanitarian activities. The title “Acharya” means spiritual preceptor, master, or Guru in the Vedic tradition.
Through her teachings, Acharya Shunya touches hearts and awakens seekers from the dream of a separate, powerless, and joyless existence. She extends the invitation to awaken to consciousness and health. Acharya Shunya has received prestigious awards in the United States and India, including the Award for Distinguished Service in Vedic Sciences from the California Institute of Integral Studies, and being named amongst the top 100 Ayurveda and Yoga Trailblazers in the U.S. by Spirituality & Health Magazine. She has also received an Award of Excellence in Education by the Association of Ayurveda Professionals of North America. Acharya Shunya is the author of the bestselling book, Ayurveda Lifestyle Wisdom(Sounds True, 2017), highlighting the Vedic path of mind, body, soul health and healing, which has been licensed to be translated and printed in six different languages and countries. Check out her website and facebook page.