Ayurveda + Chocolate with Alak Vasa
Chocolate doesn’t have to be a guilty pleasure. That’s why Alak decided to leave her corporate job and dedicate her life to bringing joy through chocolate and Ayurveda. The result is an incredible line of ethical chocolates.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How chocolate and Ayurveda intertwine
- How your energy influences your food
- How following your purpose improves your health
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Cate talks about high prana foods
- Cate explains how food is infused with the surrounding energy
- Cate shares how it is important to follow your own path
- 4:23 Understanding the connection between chocolate and Ayurveda
- 14:47 The importance of the environment in preparing food
- 24:12 Alak’s journey from a corporate job to chocolate entrepreneur
- 34:18 Following your purpose
Alak Vasa, co-founder, and chef at Elements Truffles. Elements truffles was born at the intersection of two things that make me happy – chocolates and meditation. An Ayurveda inspired line of clean chocolates that taste good and do good – for the body, mind, and community.
Before that, Alak was a trader and VP at Goldman Sachs. Everything was going well, but a sense of purpose was missing. She was good at what she was doing but felt she was meant to do something else. About 12 years ago, she learned to meditate. And as she grew in the practice, she became more aware of the food she was eating. She noticed that she was integrating a lot of elements of the Ayurvedic lifestyle, which was a part of her life growing up. Ayurveda, also known as the sister science to Yoga, was now taking her back to my roots.
Alak volunteers her time teaching breath-work and meditation through the Art of Living Foundation, an international NGO.