Ayurveda, The Yoga Business Model, and Staying Whole, Healthy and Connected with Pleasance Siliki
On today’s Dharma and Dollars show I rap with Pleasance Siliki about her life in the yoga world in D.C., owning her own business, raising a family, and staying healthy and rested through it all. We chat about starting your own business and the importance of feeling successful, integrous, and aligned with your core beliefs in the process. We discuss daily rhythms and habits, dosha types, Ayurveda and how this important ancient Indian practice shows up everywhere in life. We discuss the utmost importance of getting sound sleep, simplifying our lives, and letting go of old habits and beliefs that no longer serve us. We tap into the realization that we are truly all connected on this planet; we are whole, we are one, and we are more alike than we are different. And once we understand this idea, we can all live happier, fuller, more interconnected lives.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to grow your own business aligned with your beliefs
- Why we need to better our habits in order to balance our lives
- Why the group dynamic and a sense of ‘Oneness’ is SO important
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Body Thrive Book
- Body Thrive Course
- Yoga Health Coaching
- lilomm Yoga – website
- BiZ/ Teachings Blog
- Lifestyle/ Personal Writing
- Delight: 8 Principles for Living with Ease and Joy
- 1:40 – Pleasance tells us her story of living in DC, working for Lululemon and transitioning into a successful business owner, yogi, and mom.
- 10:10 – What does it take to design a business model that people resonate with and want to use?
- 26:35 – We are more the same than we are different on this planet. We are more connected, integrated, whole and at one with each other than we are separate. Once we realize this, life will become much easier.
- 29:30 – What does ‘healthy’ actually mean? How to best nourish and feed yourself and your family, intuitively and without stress!
- “20% of your results are going to go towards 80% of your income.” -Cate Stillman
- “Where can you fall into rhythm, and in falling into rhythm, fall in love with your life?” -Cate Stillman
- “A well rested mind makes really different choices.” -Cate Stillman
- “We are more the same than we are different.” -Cate Stillman
Pleasance Silicki is an author, teacher, speaker, mentor, creator, dreamer, and magic-maker. As the founder of lil omm, a wellness lifestyle community she created THRIVE and online self care class and community filled with wisdom and wellness practices. Silicki is passionate about inspiring others to live creative and meaningful lives and has been a teacher in various forms for over 17 years from yoga studios to public and private school classrooms, and conferences. Pleasance is the author of Delight: 8 Principles for Living with Joy And Ease which was published in 2016 and the host of the upcoming podcast, Soulful SelfCare. As the co- founder of The National Kids Yoga Conference and Septima Clark Public Charter School, Pleasance has thrived on teaching, coaching, and supporting women and families using yoga, meditation, and well-being practices. She loves living in Washington DC with her husband and two children where she spreads love, magic, and lightness to an incredibly over scheduled and stressed out metropolis. Connect with Pleasance on her facebook page and her website.