Becoming Indistractable with Nir Eyal
Are you struggling to keep yourself from distractions? Cate and Nir Eyal, talk about his book “Indistractable” and how you can stop procrastinating today!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why distraction at work is a symptom of sick company culture and how to fix it.
- What really drives human behavior and why “time management is pain management”.
- Why kids overuse technology and how to teach them to focus in an increasingly distracting world.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Cate shares how identity is developed
- Cate shares how she manages her unplanned time
- Cate explains how becoming a teacher helps developing habits
- 03:58 What is distraction
- 09:48 Time management is pain management
- 16:40 Limiting beliefs
- 29:36 The problem with To-do lists
Nir Eyal writes, consults, and teaches about the intersection of psychology, technology, and business. The M.I.T. Technology Review dubbed Nir, “The Prophet of Habit-Forming Technology.”
Nir founded two tech companies since 2003 and has taught at the Stanford Graduate School of Business and the Hasso Plattner Institute of Design at Stanford. He is the author of the bestselling book, Hooked: How to Build Habit-Forming Products and Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life.
In addition to blogging at NirAndFar.com, Nir’s writing has been featured in The Harvard Business Review, TechCrunch, and Psychology Today.
Nir is also an active investor in habit-forming technologies. Some of his past investments include Eventbrite (NYSE:EB), Refresh.io (acquired by LinkedIn), Worklife (acquired by Cisco), Product Hunt, Marco Polo, Presence Learning, 7 Cups, Pana, Kahoot!, Byte Foods, FocusMate, and Anchor.fm (acquired by Spotify).
Nir attended The Stanford Graduate School of Business and Emory University.