Boosting your Immune System
This time of year people get sick.
For the most part, sick is optional… just like snot is optional.
If we know how we get sick, we have a clue as to how to avoid getting sick.. and also the key to recovery.
How to sabotage your immune system in winter:
- stay up to late
- sleep in
- drink coffee instead of exercising first thing
- dehydrate yourself
- eat heavy foods late in the day or at night
- eat mostly solid (not liquid foods)
- snack throughout the day
- eat bland, acidic foods
How to boost your immune system in winter:
- go to bed early (before 10 pm)
- get up early enough (around 6 am most days)
- exercising first thing instead of drinking coffee to wake up
- hydrate yourself. hot water with lemon works well in winter.
- eat heaviest meal when the sun is visible
- eat primarily liquid meals (fresh juices, porridges, soups)
- fast between meals
- spice it up with turmeric, ginger, mustard seeds and peppers
If you are in a funk of eating heavy foods… watch these videos for the lowdown.
Share this article