Closet Interview – Cate’s Life Story as a Wellness Pro (part 2)
Welcome back! This is Part 2 of my life story about becoming a wellness pro. It’s really sort of my own experience blended with some career counseling for those who are wanting to go down the pro healer path — yoga teachers, holistic practitioners. This episode sprang forth from an email from two interested, local gals in their mid-20s who wanted to ask questions about my life journey so they could make some decisions about pursuing wellness careers. Franni and Katie interviewed me in my closet! Listen as we get into the return on investment for wellness professionals and different lifestyle choices
I rap with Franni and Katie about ROI and my life story as a wellness pro:
- How to define who you want to become and set goals to get there — what’s your next step?
- Why we need to make a conscious effort to get “back to basics” in our understanding of health and how our interactions with our community and ecosystem shape our wellness
- The ways education can and can’t help you determine the course of action you want to pursue
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Learn why we shouldn’t fear the planet or our bodies, even though we’re conditioned to
- Discover how to motivate yourself to grow by getting into integrity with yourself and your body
- See how to make choices about your future and your education — and how to determine what’s worth pursuing to you
- My Best 10 Career Tips to Grow Your Wellness Practice
- Superheroine Dharma Workshop for Pro Healer, Yoga Teachers, & Wellness Pros
- 5:30 — The Western mind has a tendency to dive into the specifics before it even understands the basics. Pausing and really looking to understand the fundamentals, starting from the ground up, can assist us in healing and thriving. We especially need to look at our relationship to the planet this way, even when it comes down to the plants we consume.
- 11:35 — There are millions of pieces to “the next steps” in focusing on what you love, making it your career, finding a community, and consistently honing your skills.
- 17:15 — Your earning capacity often reflects impact. When you can help people get results faster, your client base or business will grow. As you keep more results coming in faster, it works its way into your ecosystem and the potential for growth stays on a steadily increasing pattern.
- 25:45 — Education is very important, providing a basic infrastructure for the career you want to have. It can help you decide what you really enjoy, and you can look at what others have done to get to a spot where you want to be. There’s always a way to become deeply nurtured into thrive and create a completely abundant life. But it’s crucial to try new things and be willing to not follow the rules, even if it means not staying in school forever and not following what’s spelled out for you.
- 34:25 — Every wellness pro needs to look at how to get their people where they want to go in a way that’s fun, fast, and super effective. As long as that’s your primary concern — now how you’re going to fund things or make a living — then it’s so much easier to end up making money. Think in terms of who you want to help.
- “What happens if you get your heart centered on how you can be useful?” –Cate Stillman
- “Humans and plants — that’s our history.” –Cate Stillman
- “We’ve been taught from a young age to fear the earth.” –Cate Stillman
- “Every modern healer has to ask themselves, ‘How do I exchange value in the marketplace?’” –Cate Stillman
- “The wellness path invites us into integrity.” –Cate Stillman
- “That’s one of the attributes of feeling great — time and space open up.” –Cate Stillman
- “Follow people whose lifestyles you want. Follow people you get sparked by. Get involved!” –Cate Stillman