Cold Water Plunges and Cryotherapy with Kevin Kramer
On today’s podcast I talk with Kevin Kramer, CEO of US Cryotherapy, about the use of cold temperatures on our bodies as a holistic health and wellness approach. Cryotherapy, or cold therapy, is becoming increasingly popular in the past few years with much emphasis on Wim Hof and his findings that extreme cold can improve mental and physical health and prolong life. Cold therapy has been found to stimulate the immune system, reduce inflammation and acute injury, and increase energy!
For the past few months, I have been trying out cold therapy on my own with cold water plunges in my outdoor tub 2 times a day and I feel amazing! I am more energized, leaner, have more resilience and strength, and I even crave these times of the day when I can plunge into the cold water.
Kevin has started 22 Cryotherapy centers around the United States and these centers are booming. Cryotherapy is helping people to feel better, sleep better, look better, and live longer with a great quality of life.
Whether you are in good health or are in need of healing, you will absolutely benefit from Cold therapy. Try it for yourself and see how you feel.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What is cryo-therapy and why is it beneficial?
- Who benefits the most from cryotherapy?
- What is happening to our bodies with long-term use of cold therapy?
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- 1:20- Kevin Kramer speaks to us about Cryo-therapy, or cold therapy, and how it benefits our physical bodies. He describes what it does, why it works, and who benefits from it.
- 9:00- Cate tells us about her increased resilience, stamina and strength due to her cold baths and her desire to fuel her body with cold plunges!
- 11:35- We hear about the Cryo-therapy centers Kevin has started and how they operate. He answers questions such as, for how long should you go to a Cryo-therapy center? What sort of treatments can you choose from? What does a first-time visit look like? How often should someone visit?
- 15:25- What is happening to our bodies long term with cryotherapy? Find out some of the huge benefits we gain from cold therapy, both short and long-term.
- “The body needs to be exposed to extreme temperatures to get out of that normal inflammation occurrence that happens.” -Kevin Kramer
- “People who want to work out and stay young, live younger, feel better, chronic pain issues….This is very beneficial for quality of life in many different ways for everybody.” -Kevin Kramer
Kevin Kramer is the Chief Executive Officer for US Cryotherapy Corporate, a cold therapy center to manage pain, health and wellness naturally. Kevin previously spent 20+ years in the pharmaceuticals industry working primarily in the field of Neurology. He left the Pharmaceutical Industry in 2013 when he realized that he would rather work on the holistic side of health and wellness, and started to run US Cryotherapy full-time as the CEO. In their 7-year history, Kevin has directed 22 US Cryotherapy center openings, administered over 1M successful and safe customer treatments, launched 3 clinical trials, and placed equipment in dozens of professional sports teams training rooms. If you are interested in learning more about Cryotherapy and how it works, check out one of the 22 Cryo centers across the US or email Kevin at firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out his website and facebook page.