Communication Skills for Yoga Teachers (+ everyone else) with Julia Beauchamp
Who is in the front line of spirituality in the western world? Yoga teachers. More and more, yoga teachers are the gateway drug for people who lost touch with their spirit to reconnect. And to do this job well requires very decent communication skills.
Here is where Julia Beauchamp enters the conversation. Get up to speed on how to consistently show up, prepare, and deliver a transformational experience. Anyone in the field of teaching, speaking, or acting will learn a truckload from our chat today.
I rap with Julia Beauchamp about How to Step up Your Yoga Teaching with your Communication Skills:
- What you don’t know about non-verbal communication
- How to Step up Your Yoga Teaching with your Communication Skills
- How to Deliver a consistent experience
- Ritualized experience : a beginning, a middle or end
- Skills you’re leaving in the dust: which need to come up
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to command presence
- A Breathing Practice to center your body and your voice into the room
- Tips to identify where you breathe gets stuck.
- “It’s vulnerable to open our mouths.” – Julia Beauchamp
- “The tongue can hold incredible amounts of tension and cut off your throat in the back.” – Julia Beauchamp
Julia Beauchamp (Bee-chum) is passionate about the transformative power of speaking. It has been through her personal experience, first as a perfectionistic, caged and fearful wanna-be actress and now as a decisive, confident and charismatic speaker, that she learned what it takes to captivate a room and have an impact.
She has taught over 3,000 hours of yoga classes and workshops internationally and has over 10,000 hours of professional training in performance, voice and speaking over the past 15 years. This includes a B.A. in Acting from Emerson College and studying at the internationally renowned physical theater training institute, The Grotowski Center, in Poland. She is a “Claim Your Voice” certified public-speaking coach, a Magnetic Speaking Trainer and a certified Big Impact Speaker through Mark Grainger and Shannon Law.
She’s worked with conscious entrepreneurs as well as corporate professionals from companies such as Fair Trade USA, The Wall Street Journal, SalesForce and The Center For Investigative Reporting.