Danielle LaPorte: How to Decide What to Create
As a bestselling Canadian author, inspirational speaker, entrepreneur, and blogger, Danielle LaPorte knows a thing or two about the creative process. Listen in as she and Cate talk about how to decide what to put out into the world, how to make your message accessible, receivable, and digestible.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How morning rituals change your life
- What you’re worth, how to manifest and speak to your higher self
- What are the core desired feelings
- How to identify the signs that you love yourself
- What is the desire map
- How to give it to God
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Danielle's website
- Danielle's facebook
- Be a coach
- Have a conversation
- Apply for Living Ayurveda
- Join October Yogidetox!
Cate and Danielle talk about . . .
- . . . the creative process and how to decide what to put out into the world
- . . . how to make your message accessible, receivable, and digestible
- . . . authenticity and transparency
- . . . identifying your avatar and establishing group culture
- 0:45-2:05 – Introduction.
- 2:07-4:14 – Danielle talks about her creative process and what motivates her.
- 4:25-7:18 – Cate relates Danielle’s comments to yoga philosophy, and Danielle expands on that.
- 7:20-11:22 – Making your message accessible/receivable/digestible.
- 11:23-13:28 – Cate talks about the accessibility of her Body Thrive course.
- 16:38-19:44 – Cate asks Danielle how she decides what to put out into the world. Danielle explains why her own enthusiasm is the first choice point.
- 19:44-23:15 – Danielle talks about ease, resources, and revolutionary membership pricing.
- 23:15-27:58 – Cate and Danielle talk authenticity and transparency.
- 27:59-31:13 – Identifying your avatar and establishing group culture.
- 31:52-35:30 – Cate talks about Master of You.
- “I am a spark of god, and I’m here to help move things forward. So me just being happy and well and sane and healthy, that’s of service.” — Danielle LaPorte
- “If we want to grow, we have to deepen integrity. That’s the name of the game. And that becomes increasingly subtle.” — Cate Stillman
- “Inclusivity is complex.” — Danielle LaPorte
- “Do it for the love. There’s nothing to prove. . . . Be in the flow. Every idea is there for you. . . . Be receptive.” — Danielle LaPorte
Danielle LaPorte is a member of Oprah’s Super Soul 100, a group who, in Oprah Winfrey’s words, “is uniquely connecting the world together with a spiritual energy that matters.”
She is the creator of The Desire Map series, “A heart centered approach to finding your true power”. The book has been translated into ten languages, a day planner system, a multimedia course, a Top 10 iTunes app, and workshop and coaching programs with leaders in 15+ countries. She’s also the author of White Hot Truth: Clarity for keeping it real on your spiritual path, and The Fire Starter Sessions: A guide to creating success on your own terms, which also spun off into a coaching curriculum.
She was a bartender, an apartment manager, a nanny, and eventually… she ran her own publicity agency, and a future-studies think tank studying trends for the likes of the Pentagon and the World Bank. Now, she writes poetry and speaks about conscious living. She’s also a mother to a teenage son.
Named one of the “Top 100 Websites for Women” by Forbes, over 5 million people a month visit DanielleLaPorte.com for her regular #Truthbombs and poetry, and what’s been called “the best place online for kickass spirituality.” Marianne Williamson refers to Danielle “as a bright light in the modern priestesshood.” Eve Ensler calls her “a force field of energy, wonder, humor, and love.”
Danielle’s charities of choice are VDay: a global activist movement to end violence against women and girls; and charity: water, setting out to bring safe drinking water to everyone in the world.
She lives in Vancouver, Canada. You can find her on Instagram @daniellelaporte.