How to Heal Thyroid Disease with Fern Olivia
Fern Olivia found herself at rock bottom when she fainted in a New York City subway and was rushed to the hospital. She now interprets this event as her soul wanting her to know that she was in misalignment with herself. After finding that the standard medical prescriptions weren’t healing her, she began a journey of investing in herself and her health through yoga and Ayurveda. Now, free from Hashimoto’s disease, she lives in Nosara, Costa Rica, where she fills her days with the activities that she feels really align with her body and her desires.
Fern and Cate chat about the power of autodetermination, and how we have so much more power in our lives that we may believe. Taking that step and acknowledging that “everything that can be is within you” allows us to realize the boundlessness of such a path. Anyone is capable of autodetermination, it just take a long and arduous path to achieve that kind of power. By tapping into our intuition and clairvoyance, we can heal our bodies and souls through purification and detoxification rituals.
By allowing ourselves to change and listening to our bodies’ needs, we can even heal our thyroid of the toxic residue that weighs it down. Everyone is capable of living a freer form of their own life – we just have to take the initiative to invest in ourselves and the journey. The investment we take be in the form of classes and teachers, or in the form of time dedicated to practices and rituals. In the long run, these habits and new beliefs that we form allow us to thrive as a better version of ourselves.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why thyroid health relates to our self-expression and freedom
- How to target the root cause of thyroid imbalance
- How to support our vitality through ancient healing wisdom
Links Mentioned in the Episode:
- Fern Olivia’s Facebook
- Fern Olivia’s Instagram
- Fern Olivia’s Website
- Healing the Thyroid with Fern Olivia
- Body Thrive Book
- Siva Mohan on Ayurveda, Thyroid issues + Wellness Epidemics
- How to Build Lifestyle Freedom into Your Wellness Career
- 5:00 – The path of people waking up to their bodies and their need to change their lives involves the power of autodetermination. By taking those steps to change your life and your habits, you can reach a new level of power and control over yourself and your environment.
- 8:40 – We like to admire those who have achieved a more optimal state of being that we admire. However, it is important to remember that luck was not involved – any positive change in someone’s health and level of freedom was achieved through plenty of real struggle.
- 18:22 – There is a distinction between spending and investing in yourself. If you are healing your body, you are worthy of the practices that it takes, even if those classes or teachers cost real money. They have a value that goes beyond monetary value and is essential for your personal growth and health.
- 26:45 – When it comes to hormone or thyroid imbalance it is critical to speak your truth and use that as an expression to heal. Understand where you are not aligned in your life or feel trapped and make some real changes.
- 29:30 – Purifying the body through cleansing is a critical part of realigning our bodies and cleansing out liver. If our liver is weighed down with toxic residue, it cannot cleanse and purify the blood properly.
Your Favorite Quotes:
- “Everything that can be is in you.” – Cate Stillman
- “We become the most sovereign beings when we allow ourselves to say I’m not going to.” – Fern Olivia
- “We are a reflection of our environment.” – Fern Olivia
- “The body is the biggest gift and only tool we have in this lifetime to serve.” – Fern Olivia
- “All that toxic residue in our body can’t leave if we are holding so much on to scarcity of change.” – Fern Olivia
Fern Olivia is an internationally recognized teacher, speaker and wellness journalist passionate about the power of integrative medicine, yoga, and holistic lifestyle practices, acclaimed for her best-selling course on MindBodyGreen and Thyroid Yoga Teacher Trainings in Nosara, Costa Rica. Combining her education in Biomedical Engineering with her studies in yoga and integrative nutrition, Fern Olivia has created a unique approach to supporting thyroid health that has changed the lives of thousands of women and men around the world.
Fern Olivia currently resides in Costa Rica, where she guides yoga retreats and trainings and serves the local community and visitors in unique body-mind-soul purification programs as Cleanse Director at the Iluminar Yoga Resort.