How to Coach People Who are Overwhelmed
Coaching people who are overwhelmed can be extremely challenging. It tests your empathy, but also how grounded you are. There is a lack of grounded focus when someone is feeling overwhelmed, which is why the first thing you should do is BREATHE.
Over the course of this episode, Cate talks to Yoga Health Coaches about her experience working with overwhelmed people, and the root issues that should be addressed. What at first might be perceived as inability to implement Kaizen – small, incremental steps -, could also be an incapacity to escape herd mentality.
Learn more about keeping yourself grounded, and how to best lead your people to overcome feelings of overwhelm, during these trying times.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to deal with your personal relationship to overwhelm
- How to identify someone’s final goal
- How to take more calculated risks
- How triggers can help you follow through
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Cate talks about adrenaline addiction
- Cate explains how small steps are a safe route for more risk
- The impact of leading a breathing exercise before you start your coaching session
- 3:08 Strategies to calming overwhelmed people and focusing them on their goals
- 13:03 Organizing the chaos and escaping herd mentality
- 29:28 The resistance to becoming the “unicorn”
- 37:24 Being comfortable with the feeling of overwhelm
- Go slow to go faster (this quote is about kaizen)