Is your 2011 Calender Based on Earth?
For my Winter Traditions Project I went hunting on the web for leaders in the earth based rhythms field. I found an amazing resource in Lacey Myhre, inventor of EarthCycleCalendars.
While our global annual calendar page turning has nothing to do with earth-based rhythms, I’d be the first to admit that a great party til the wee hours in the middle of winter is a great idea. That said, if you want to more deeply source your creativity for 2011, click this PDF I created for you, which includes an email interview with Lacey.
Often we have deep intentions moving through the new years celebration. Take a minute and see how your intentions will manifest through all that is currently on your schedule for 2011. Here is how to Create your Annual Cycle based on Earth Cycles:
• Get a huge piece of paper.
• Make a huge circle, like the one below
• Divide it into 12 pie pieces
• Write in the months and make weekend markers. Indicate the season.
• Put your big events on your 2011 calendar onto your circle calendar
• Put in on a wall or a door.
• Wait a day.
• Look at your intentions.
• Is there enough space for your intentions to manifest Is anything missing – like seasonal cleanses? seasonal celebrations? personal retreats? your education? Add what is necessary. Hang on a door to keep your calendar alive.