Mindful Moments for Kids with Kira Willey
Kira Willey is an award-winning American musician best known for her song Colors which is featured on a popular Dell computer laptop commercial. She is also a certified Yoga instructor and a mother. She is releasing a new album this week – Mindful Moments for Kids. I love it – as a mom and as a yogini. I know you will too.
In this episode Kira gives us her simple approach to giving ourselves and our kids a quick break in our everyday lives. You’ll get inspired. I’ve included 3 of her new tracks from Mindful Moments for Kids
But, before we get to Kira, I share a good winter salad recipe from my buddy Ross Kamens – the recipe dude behind Noodles & Co. You may have lost your taste for raw salad in winter. Learn the basic concept of marinating your salad in this episode and get the recipe. Also, I share a clip from an interview with Sarah Howard that will be released in full at the end of the month in her Hormones Summit. And, let you know about the Healthier Hormones Community Call Dr. Claudia Welch and I are hosting on Jan. 28. Click here to get in free.
What I mention in this Episode:
- Ayurvedic Winter Slaw Recipe from Ross Kamens https://www.yogahealer.com/winter-slaw-recipe/
- Kira Willey’s New Release: Mindful Moments for Kids http://www.kirawilley.com/
- Menses vs. Moon cycles
In this interview we talk about:
- Why a one minute practice can work
- The connection between mindfulness practices and intimacy
- Giving kids choices that you’re a.o.k with.