Overcoming Opposition with Yourself – Distraction, Self-Doubt and Negative Thinking
Alan Watts said most people walk around in constant opposition to themselves. It may seem like a bold statement, but try asking yourself – How have you been in opposition to yourself the past week? Was it that time you picked up your phone instead of having a break? When you held your tongue in a conversation? Or was it when you doubted yourself?
Because our awareness is moving outward, we tend to outsource for information and advice we should be seeking from within ourselves. But when you start to look inward you begin to shed the self-doubt and begin to align yourself with your potential.
Listen to the podcast to learn more about tuning into yourself, the importance of insourcing, and experiencing yourself as the cosmos.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to insource awareness attention and wisdom
- How to stop being in opposition to your potentiality
- What happens when you cooperate with yourself
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- More about Alan Watts
- Find out more about Chip Conley
- Start with a Detox
- Get some free resources
- Start a Conversation
- Walking around in constant opposition to yourself
- The experience of yourself as a cosmos
- The social structure connected to addiction
- 1:08 Insourcing vs Outsourcing awareness
- 4:02 Fighting self-doubt by tuning in
- 15:39 The patterns of opposition
- 21:58 The importance of rituals for space consciousness