Plan your Winter Holidays… together.
I used to think that Traditions were static. Families repeating the same rituals, preparing the same foods year after year. But then I started thinking about those green marshmallow wreath cookies. How many generations could they go back? Didn’t that become part of the Stillman family Christmas cookie platter sometime in the early 80’s?
And all at once I realized… the Traditions are alive! Some are outdated. Some need a conscious content refresher. Some need permission for retirement. Others need to be remembered… honored… brought to the forefront… origins recalled.
But the thing is…
There needs to be a conversation. Have the conversation with those who you have traditions and celebrate with.
Keys to an evolving conversation
- Be sensitive to others.
- Listen for what you don’t already know. Listen to each person and incorporate their desires in the overall plan.
- Open your heart and hear from your heart.
- Share your beliefs in a kind way.
Planning Your Holidays Conversation Questions
- What’s most important to you about the holidays?
- How do you want to design our winter holiday?
- What traditions do you cherish?
- What seems outdated?
- What was stressful last year? What changes can you make so that it’s not stressful this year?
- Can our holiday better reflect what we deem most important? If so, how?
- How do we want to spend out time together this year? Activities? Music? Games? Walks/hikes?
Spread this and other great ideas through your family with the Evolve Your Winter Traditions Project. My objective is to get whole extended families connecting around their wellness and connectivity. Full of wisdom leaders, yogis, gurus, Ayurvedic healers, living food bloggers, and financial advisors…we’ve put together your Winter Traditions Family Upgrade. Join and share with your entire extended family.
Share this article