Roping in Parents and Grandparents with Your Healthier Habits
Live from the Yogahealer retreat in Punta Mita! Cate sits down with Elise Marie Collins and Hadlee Garrison to discuss radiant longevity and intergenerational Body Thrive! Elise is the author of Super Ager, a practical and concise guide to optimal aging. Hadlee is a yoga health coach whose mother and grandmother are members of her coaching group.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How a short, daily breath-body practice can have a big impact on long-term health.
- How our habits and identity evolution have a ripple effect up and down generational lines.
- What “blue zones” can teach us about how to age well.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Elise’s Website
- Super Ager Book
- Hadlee’s Website
- Discover more about Body Thrive
- Yogahealer VIP Live Events
- Yogahealer Live Experience
- “Aging begins in utero.” — Elise Marie Collins
- “Our long-term radiant longevity strategy is inherently intergenerational.” — Cate Stillman
- “It can’t be said enough that intergeneral experience of health and of connection is super, super important.” — Hadlee Garrison
A visionary yoga teacher for over twenty years as well as an inspirational content creator, Elise uses the tools of Ayurveda and scientific research to uplift the planet by shifting old paradigms that have kept humans stuck. Guided by her teachings, her students are empowered to embrace their authentic selves as well as their true life’s mission. Elise is committed to helping people all over the world move out of darkness and into light and has touched thousands through her yoga instruction and publications. Elise has authored three books on healthy living. Her latest, Super Ager, inspires readers to optimize their well-being for longevity in the 21st century and beyond. She is currently enrolled in the Master of Gerontology program at University of Southern California. Check out her website and facebook page.