Storytelling, Rewilding, and the Power of Funerals
Have you ever had a story that needed to be told and heard? We at Yogahealer believe experiencing certain stories can be very special, something happens when you tell it genuinely. Our brain and the nervous system evolved in response to a story deeply embedded in the structure of our psyche, including the structure of our nervous system. So there appears to be an intense desire for narrative in humans.
In this episode of Yogahealer Podcast, our host Cate Stillman talks about Rewilding, Conversing Stories with other People, and the Power of Funerals. Cate has guided a global online triad to thrive in their bodies while achieving their life goals through innovative yoga and Ayurvedic teachings since 2001.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What is Ayurveda?
- How to tell Stories
- Why Stories are meant to be shared
- How Older and Younger People tell stories
- What Rewilding is
- Cate shares how she overcame the Barriers of Storytelling
- The difference of sharing stories between with Younger and Older People
- How the Power of Funerals is shaping Cate’s future Storytelling
- Cate talks about the practice of Rewilding
- [3:39] Cate’s Breaking Point
- [4:58] Stories that needed to be told
- [7:51] Rewilding Human Beings
- [9:00] Urine Therapy
- [11:25] Rewilding with Serviceberries
- [13:53] A Conversation with a 15-Year-Old Girl
- [16:41] The Power of the Pause
- [17:37] What is Ayurveda?
- [18:30] What happens in Stories
- [19:43] Absorbing the Energy of Nature
- [21:48] Getting Comfortable with a Familial Atmosphere
- [23:28] Storytelling with Elders
- [25:52] The Power of Practice
- “Health is your birthright and that there’s a lot more free solutions to thriving in your body and in your lives than you might have.”
- “There’s often a sense of the story that needs to be told. And when we tell it, authentically something lands.
- “You can’t be separate from your ecosystem and your ecosystem can’t be separate from you.”
- “A lot of what happens with stories is that we’re taking someone on a journey with us.”
- “The more we tell stories, the better we get at storytelling.”
Cate Stillman is the Founder of Yogahealer.com. She completed her Iyengar Yoga Teacher Training and has been certified as an Ayurvedic Practitioner since 2001. She then established Yogahealer.com in 2001 and Yoga Health Coaching in 2012 for wellness professionals. Her books include Body Thrive, released by Sounds True in 2019, and Master of YOU in March 2020.
She is a leader and author in the field of Ayurveda, Peak Performance, Habit Evolution and Dharma. Cate is also a global online community leader at Yogahealer with her podcast – The Yogahealer Show, which has 2M+ downloads, and a newsletter that reaches 50k+ people.
She helps Yoga teachers and Wellness Professionals to learn how to:
- Accelerate the wellness path of their yoga students.
- Shift into a business model that enables them to earn for today and their retirement.
- Integrate Ayurveda, Habit change science, and evolutionary group dynamics to get twice the results for their clients in half the time.