Successful Women in Yoga and Ayurveda with Brett Larkin, Katie Silcox and Cate Stillman
Success is not something that suddenly appears in your life. It is something you work hard on, and dedicate your life to. How you see success also depends on what your views are and how you see your life.
On your path to success, you may encounter problems that you can either solve on your own or have someone to help you with. There is nothing wrong with asking for help. Let other people help you and you will end up learning a lot from them. In this episode, Cate Stillman together with our guests, Brett Larkin and Katie Silcox, will be discussing about the path to success. Don’t miss out!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to build a community and choose the right platform
- How everyone has their own definition of what success is
- How important it is to invest in oneself
- Time for Yogidetox! Coming April…check out here >>> https://yogidetox.com/
- Free Workshops!
- Katie Silcox Shakti School
- Brett Larkin’s Blog
- Brett Larkin IG: @larkinyogatv
- Brett Larkin YT: @brettlarkinyoga
- Brett Larkin Yoga Uplifted
- Cate shares to us her skills that she learned and its growth
- Cate discusses how figuring out on your own is a myth
- Cate highlights that we were all looking for self-knowledge ideas
- [00:42] Introduction
- [03:49] Start from nothing stories
- [06:32] Misconceptions about how a business runs that supports a person in lifestyle
- [11:27] Learning with the Right Mentors
- [14:36] Community Guide What It’s Become
- [16:34] Choosing the right platform
- [18:19] Building a Community
- [22:41] Changes Brought by the COVID-19 Situation
- [29:24] What is Success?
- [37:19] Mentorship
- [42:22] Financial Success
- [46:37] Investing in self-development, wellness wisdom, business wisdom, and spiritual development
- [58:47] Closing Remarks
- “People just tell you what they want, and you’re able to just go and make it.”
- “Get into action and start forming that community, even if you think it’s small. Because these people are attracted to your energy, and they’re going to tell you and guide you.”
- “You don’t have to figure it out alone. If you think you have to figure it out alone, you’re missing the point, right? You’re gonna co-create with your audience. It’s this beautiful dynamic dance between the two of you.”
- “It’s not just what you’re going to learn, it’s the people you’re going to need and the contacts you’re going to make.”
- “There is always darkness. The darkness never goes away.”
- “Darkness looks different at every stage of business. You get wiser. With the right mentors in the right mindset, you learn not to focus on it anymore.”
- “Just start where you are, even if it means you’re teaching to five people at the local basement of your church.”
- “Learn a modality that helps people down, regulate and balance their nervous system and put a button on the internet where people can send you money.”
- “When we uncover the subconscious, we really do need a mentor because our mind does such a good job at covering up that stuff for good reason. And, you know, we could talk at length about why we do that.”
- “To really look to your community and uplift one another as a double goddess power kind of vibe is a super important thing to remember too, as an entrepreneur, especially as a woman,”
- “If you can find that spark of life inside of you, that brings you joy and figure out a way to share that with other people, the money comes.”
- “This mentality of abundance is so important, there actually is no competition.”
Guest Bio: Katie Silcox
Katie Silcox, M.A. is the New York Times Best-Selling Author of the book Healthy, Happy, Sexy – Ayurveda Wisdom for Modern Women. Holding a Master’s Degree in Hinduism and the Ayurveda Sciences, Katie is an internationally-recognized teacher, mentor to women, and inspirer of hearts and minds. She is renowned for her depth of study, her ability to present the complexities of ancient wisdom in a practical, life-affirming manner, as well as her unique capacity to distill the teachings with southern-belle humor and grace.
Her signature teaching style is known as Body Yantra™, incorporating Tantric vinyasa, restorative yoga, dance, sound, breath, emotion processing, manifestation technology, holistic biomechanics, and structural trauma-release methods.
Katie was named one of San Francisco’s Best Yoga Teachers by Common Ground Magazine in 2009, one of “70 Yogis Changing the World” by Origin Magazine in 2014, and one of “100 Trailblazers in Yoga and Ayurveda” by Spirituality and Health Magazine in 2015. Katie has written extensively on the topics of yoga, Ayurveda, sexuality, herbalism, and women’s health in such publications as Yoga Journal, Common Ground Magazine, and Origin Magazine. Her best-selling book has been translated into multiple languages around the globe.
Katie has sipped from the honey of many globally-known teachers, including a decade-long guru-disciple relationship in the Himalayan lineage-based Sri-Vidya Tantra.
Today, she works solely with the inner guru of her own heart.
Guest Bio: Brett Larkin
Brett Larkin is the founder of her award-winning YouTube channel, Uplifted™️ Online Yoga 200 Hour and 300/500 Hour Teacher Training, a successful entrepreneur, and sought-after online business consultant. … She’s taught yoga in studios and at Silicon Valley’s hottest companies.
Further background information on Brett can be found by visiting: here