The Power of Remedies Straight from the Source with Joel Einhorn
Joel Einhorn began his journey into an entrepreneur of Ayurvedic medicine with a personal tragedy. In 2008, he was in a bike accident that lead to a traumatic brain injury. Desperately in need of a treatment that would help him heal, he found himself introduced to an Ayurvedic doctor. After a treatment regimen of herbal remedies, he found himself stronger than ever in a matter of months.
With a newfound desire to share the powerful healing properties of herbal remedies with others, he founded HANAH. Now, he is bringing sustainably sourced, powerful remedies to those of us who might not otherwise find these remedies within reach.
Most recently, Joel has become involved with the herbal ecosystem in Bhutan. With a profound abundance of amazing herbs, Bhutan has the potential to sustainably export these products for the benefit of others. Recently, HANAH has released Cordyceps+, a product great for athletic performance and sourced from nature – not a laboratory. Their next product is a Turmeric blend also wild-harvested in Bhutan.
The blend includes some of the world’s purest turmeric with wild-harvested black pepper. In combining these two ingredients, the bioavailability of the curcurmin (the active compound in turmeric) has been found to increase by 2000% – hacking the efficacy of the ingredient. Turmeric is touted for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and has been found to help ward off heart disease and lead to improved brain function, among many other health benefits.
The astounding benefits of the products that Joel is sourcing is very clear.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why herbal sources matter
- Why naturally sourced herbs are best
- How to best utilize herbal remedies
Links mentioned in the Episode:
- 6:20 – HANAH is one of the first companies to do business with Bhutan – a region rich in powerful herbs. The goal is for them to bring this amazingly rich source to people who otherwise would not have access.
- 7:20 – One of HANAH’s newest products sourced from Bhutan relies on their cordyceps mushrooms. The result – named Cordyceps+ – has been astonishing in its impact on athletic performance since it was released on the market.
- 19:25 – If you are buying mushrooms from stores in the US, you are consuming lab grown mushrooms. Even though the scientists say these lab grown mushrooms are just as beneficial, they are truthfully less effective, and in some cases harmful, compared to the naturally grown mushroom variety.
- 24:25 – People do not realize that when it comes to herbal remedies like turmeric, that a vehicle for absorption is essential. Your body is not absorbing it properly unless it is combined with something else such as black pepper.
- 26:20 – Raw sugar cane and milk are great delivery devices for herbal remedies. HANAH uses a combination of honey, sesame oil, and raw sugar in their herbal mixes, and soaks their ashwagandha in raw milk in order to provide maximum absorption for your body.
Your Favorite Quotes:
- “There are so many levels of disconnect between the person harvesting the plant to the person taking the plant.” – Cate Stillman
- “That’s really our mission is to take to people straight to the source. “ – Joel Einhorn
- “Everything that happens has its own trajectory – every energy has an imprint.” – Cate Stillman
- As we start learning more about all these ancient practices and all of these amazing herbs, we need to know where they come from.” – Joel Einhorn
Joel Einhorn is the founder and CEO of HANAH. He founded HANAH in 2015 out of necessity – in 2008, while training for his second Ironman triathlon, Joel was in a serious bike accident and suffered a traumatic brain injury and broken collarbone. He was unable to sleep for two days and suffered vertigo every time he closed his eyes. He was introduced to a doctor of Ayurvedic medicine who set him on a regimen of daily herbal remedies, such as ashwagandha and other ingredients now found in HANAH ONE.
Joel’s vertigo cleared within a matter of days, and in a matter of months Joel was swimming, running, and biking again – and feeling stronger than ever. As a result, he went straight to the source in Kerala, India, and created HANAH ONE – to assist and empower others on their journey. HANAH’s mission is to preserve and protect ancient medical wisdom and evolve it into remedies for modern living. They currently offer exclusive products created by the HANAH LIFE team and sourced from Bhutan and India. Connect with Joel on HANAH Facebook, HANAH Twitter, HANAH Living Instagram and HANAH Website.