Vata Type With Anorexia Nervosa: An Ayurvedic Perspective on Healing Agni
Tune in to the Yogahealer podcast for an Ayurvedic perspective on healing Agni for Vata types with anorexia nervosa.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to look at the whole individual and the nature of the disease.
- Why seasonal cycles matter.
- What Vata type digestion requires.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Questions Cate asks to determine someone’s constitution.
- Cate goes through the spice rack.
- Why you should avoid yellow fennel seeds.
- 7:56 The difference between anorexia and anorexia nervosa.
- 21:56 The benefits of fennel seeds in warming the gut and moving air down.
- 24:16 The benefits of cardamom to awaken desires in the heart.
- “In Ayurveda, all imbalances arise in the digestive tract first.” – Cate Stillman
- “The body likes rhythm, more than anything our body loves rhythm. It loves the rhythm of eating and sleeping and pooping and doing all the things. When the body is in rhythm the body is really really happy. So when the mind starves the body of food it really disrupts all of those rhythms” – Cate Stillman
- “What’s helpful here, as we’re learning how to think about something that might be big and scary and life-threatening like anorexia nervosa, is that if we can see a pattern, we can start to understand it. With understanding comes a perspective change. As we start to be able to understand something that is happening it actually helps us become sympathetic or empathetic even to ourselves. And that’s part of the process of healing.” – Cate Stillman
- “People are intelligent. Plants are intelligent. We just want to mix the right intelligence at the right time.” – Cate Stillman