A lot of people experience Weight Creep, a phase where we suddenly gain weight, and they find it hard to reverse the effects. Some just accept while others are determined to fight the weight gain.
It’s easy to think that Intermittent fasting, working out, and proper dieting is the solution to weight creep. But what if there is an underlying layer to the issue of gaining weight? In this episode, Cate will talk about Weight Creep, what is going on with the body when gaining weight, and why it is a big deal.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to fight weight gain
- How to fight hunger while fasting
- How to prevent dysmetabolism
- How long you should do intermittent fasting
- How to find the root of why you are gaining weight
- If you want to start intermittent fasting, go to https://yogahealer.com/if-course/
- Cate says that weight creep is chronic inflammation. The body is in a constant state of high alert and is releasing inflammatory chemicals. It heavily affects the fat cells, blood cells, and the body’s many different systems and can be a cause or consequence of multiple diseases.
- Cate shares that she has been in health and wellness since she was 16. She shares that she had a weight creep at the time when she first got into health and wellness, trying to find the cause of her migraines and allergies. She would read books about health and wellness trying to find answers.
- Cate shares that she had been pushing her body where she would only snack on dark chocolate. She didn’t know that she was already fasting until she got into the world of intermittent fasting. She says that there was a part of her that was thinking too much about food.
- [00:39] What happens when we gain weight?
- [04:45] The Bigger issue behind Weight Gain
- [05:34] The Weight Creep
- [09:04] Creating Breakthroughs
- [12:18] Autophagy: The Process of Breaking down Cells
- [15:12] Apoptosis: The Process of Programmed Cell Death
- [17:38] How Cells Break down
- [19:34] Anthropogenic: The Inducers
- [24:08] Dysmetabolism and Resistance to Hunger Satiation
- [26:13] How Hydration Affects Hunger
- [29:01] Working through the Initial Challenge of Fighting through Hunger
- [35:36] The Body Gold Sessions
- [37:01] How the Body Thrive Habits Help with Autoimmune Diseases
- [38:18] The Deeper Issues Underneath Weight Gain
- [40:55] How being in a Community makes things Easier
- [44:20] Five-Day Fast Mimicking Diet
- “Weight is a side effect of so much else going wrong. If we look at the habits, it’s like inflation where there’s a problem. Solving the problem would require work. But you don’t want to do the work and so, you just print money. The same thing is happening with negative stressors where our weight is creeping.”
- “When you do the hard work, even if it’s simply hard work, everything gets better. Everything gets better, even with the problems underneath the weight. We want to look at the problems underneath the weight.”
- “Think of yourself so much more as a closed system than an open system. We are so incredibly durable as mammals, which can be seen with our pets. We are built for survival. We are not built in a delicate way like our entire ancestral past.”
- “It’s not about forcing the body to fast longer. It’s about finding deep satiation in life. How long it takes is going to depend on how you deeply want to get under the layers of why you are overeating, why you are putting on too much, and why you are not letting your fat cells circulate.”