What you have to know about using essential oils
For most of us kitchen magic refers to our ability to make tasty and nutritious food. We live in such a consumer society but even those of us who have managed to ditch the processed food still trot off to the drugstore or the health food shop to buy out skincare essentials. In this podcast episode Militza Maury talks about the ah ha moment when she realised the outbreaks she was experiencing on her skin were related to her internal thoughts. She shares how she started making lotions and beauty products for her family as she began to realise how questionable the ingredients in the products she was buying. As time went by she began to share the results of her experiments in hugely popular workshops.
In Western cultures we are fed the idea that only expensive ingredients are effective. Militza talks about visiting many different spas in Bali and learning that in the land of relaxation and pampering great pride is taken in recipes for skin handed down through the generations. Learn how some of the best ingredients you can use for your skin are probably already in your kitchen cupboard.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why you should be cautious about using essential oils in food
- How to customise your skin care products for your Dosha
- How to make a gorgeous hydrosol for your skin and not spend a penny
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- 18:10 – There is no reason to spend lots of cash on skin care ingredients.
- 20:00 – Sort out some basic pantry essentials and you will have everything from soap to body mist.
- 35:45 – To top it all off you will be given some insider tips on where to buy the best skincare ingredients.
- “Skin care is not just about what you put on your skin – feed yourself with more loving thoughts.” – Militza Maury
- “The Balinese understand the symbiotic relationship we have with nature.” – Militza Maury
Militza Mauryis the green-living expert behind the eco-friendly website, Little Green Dot. Frustrated by misleading marketing messages and the chemicals found hiding in her skincare products, Militza began to make her own simple, safe & effective natural products. Now Little Green Dot reaches 150,000 monthly readers who want to lead happy, healthy and green lifestyles. In this episode she shares natural skincare recipes, actionable advice and green lifestyle inspiration. Connect with Militza on her website and facebook page.
About the Yoga Health Coaching Blogger and Podcaster:
Rosie Tait is a former lawyer, raw food chef, autoimmune thriver, and member of the YHC community. Having “dropped out” of the mainstream corporate life to maintain her own health, Rosie is committed to sharing the simple-habits message in support of women who are courageous enough to remain. Women are the changemakers. Connect with Rosie on her website.
Apply here if you want to get exposure, learn about blogging and become a Yoga Health Coaching Blogger.