Why Americans Pay Too Much for Medical Care Exposed
Choosing a career in medicine was once thought to be a “noble” vocation. But, in the United States, the healthcare business has devolved into a massive money-making scheme dominated by health insurance firms, pharmaceutical companies, lawyers, and corporate fatcats. For years, there has been widespread understanding that hospitals across the country use certain unusual and peculiar pricing practices. Most healthcare goods in the United States are both concealed and deceptive, and these deceptions are frequently utilized to exploit consumers.
Today, Dr. David Belk disentangles and exposes practically every fraud that occurs in medical billing, prescription medication pricing, and the health insurance sector in the United States. He explains what we need to know about this crucial knowledge, which is critical to comprehending why corporate profiteers must be eliminated from our system and why healthcare finance schemes must be exposed.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What causes such a large disparity in billing costs?
- Why have prescription drug prices skyrocketed?
- Why insurance companies benefit from and encourage price rises for procedures and equipment.
- How paying over $1000 for 40 pills when you can have them for $41 at Costco.
- Why there is no cost sheet for procedures in the United States.
- Book: The Great American Healthcare Scam: How Kickbacks, Collusion and Propaganda Have Exploded Healthcare Costs in the United States Paperback – March 12, 2020
- Cate shares that she lived in the US and then lived part-time in Mexico and she just did all dental and medical in Mexico because you can get it you can get a price before a procedure.
- Your insurance company uses to mediate your medication by purchases, your insurance company actually gets rebates on the brand-name medications that you need.
- People don't understand that if you use your insurance, you are contracted by your insurance rules, not just their rates.
- [3:29 – 4:38] The Great American Healthcare Scam
- [20:12 – 21:29] Medical Overbilling
- [33:10 – 34:24] Insurances and Pre-Existing Conditions Coverage
- “Information is out there. Unfortunately, misinformation is out there as well.”
- “It's the pharmacy and your insurance company that's robbing you. Not the pharmaceutical company.”
- “If you don't have insurance, you don't have the privilege of being able to negotiate for life-saving medical care very much.”
- “People are getting robbed, they're getting grossly overcharged. And they're getting grossly overcharged largely as a result of these deceptions that take advantage of not just their ignorance, but their misinformation.”
- “People don't understand that if you use your insurance, you are contracted by your insurance rules, not just their rates.”