Yogidetox Q&A with Kate O’Donnell
In this episode, Kate O’Donnell joins the Yogahealer Yogidetox group members to give her best advice for seasonal cleansing. Kate is an Ayurvedic practitioner and author of The Everyday Ayurveda Cookbook, Everyday Ayurveda Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind, and the forthcoming Everyday Ayurveda Guide to Self Care. Tune in to learn how seasonal detoxification can be a study in consciousness, a mental and emotional journey, in addition to a physical process.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How seasonal detoxification can be a study in consciousness, a mental and emotional journey, in addition to a physical process.
- What to eat to clear out congestion.
- How to shift from long-term, fast-paced lifestyle to a more relaxed pace during a cleanse.
- How to detox during menstruation.
- How to feel nourished and satiated during a cleanse.
- How to combat dryness in the body.
- How cleanses should differ depending on one’s constitution.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Kate's facebook
- Kate's website
- Be a coach
- Have a conversation
- Apply for Living Ayurveda
- Join October Yogidetox!
- Kate O’Donnell fields questions from the Yogahealer Yogidetox group and shares her best advice for seasonal detoxification.
- “In the beginning, it really is about food. It’s often about physical imbalances, sort of getting a handle on habits that are beneficial. The place I find myself at now is it’s like an altered state of consciousness to be undergoing detoxification.” — Kate O’Donnell
Kate O’Donnell is an author, lecturer, and senior yoga teacher. She wrote two popular cookbooks, The Everyday Ayurveda Cookbook and Everyday Ayurvedic Cooking for a Calm, Clear Mind. A nationally recognized Ayurvedic Practitioner and Ashtanga yoga teacher, Kate is a founding member of the Boston Ayurveda School and adjunct faculty for Kripalu School of Ayurveda. She continues her travels to India annually for study and teaches internationally. Connect with Kate on her website and facebook page.