The YogiDetox Transformation with Grace Edison
The YogiDetox experience is one that involves complex emotions and challenges. While its rewards can be astounding, it is definitely not an easy journey. Grace Edison explains that before her detoxing experiences, she was not in touch with her emotions and their influence over her actions. Subconsciously experiencing an emotional trigger would lead to her eating comfort food without understanding why.
A detox from things we are addicted to can aid us in realizing why we actually seek these comforts in the first place.
Grace and Carly discuss that YogiDetox is not a one size fits all journey. When it comes to Grace’s experiences, she has tried to do it differently each time. Although we often want to go all in, these kind of challenging experiences are better handled when we customize the experience based on our needs. It is important to realize to ask for help and to accept that self-care can also include stress.
A detox experience is a challenge, and just like in yin yoga, we can reach a higher level of vitality and thrive if we put ourselves through a controlled amount of stress. The YogiDetox allows for an outstanding opportunity for us to reset and prepare for the future to come. For everyone out there, no matter the circumstance, there is always a wonderful reason to detox.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why stress is good for detoxing
- How to be flexible during cleanses
- How to handle emotions on a detox
- 3:05 – By cleansing, we make new space in our bodies. Often, if we splurge after the detox process we find we have become hyper-sensitive to what our bodies do not handle or process well.
- 9:30 – Detoxing can help us reach a level of clarity about our feelings that we may normally have trouble finding. This clarity can help us identify things like why we are eating and what we are actually looking for?
- 22:45 – Sometimes what we need to reach a higher level of thrive is to experience a controlled level of stress. Yin yoga encourages stressing our bodies in order to cleanse them, just as YogiDetox encourages some strict habits that can make us uncomfortable and cause initial stress.
Your Favorite Quotes:
- “We take on this perspective of curiosity.” – Grace Edison
“If you want to find out why you’re doing something, stop doing it.” – Grace Edison
- “Doing these detoxes allows for a reset and reflect and an opportunity to sit and celebrate what’s happened in the past and calibrate for what’s going to happen in the future.” – Cary Banks
The Body Thrive path led Carly to a new and exciting world where all can be accomplished with ease. Adding YHC certification training to work and parenting is proving to be easy, with the right tools. Carly’s shattering old patterns and false beliefs about herself, to become the person that she and her family deserve. Connecting? Connect and hear more about how Carly juggles life as a busy mom at Nourished living.
Grace Edison lives in British Columbia, Canada. She’s a mom of twin 8 year olds, a Yoga teacher, studio owner, and Yoga Health Coach — and she also works for Cate Stillman in Admissions at Yogahealer! More than anything, she loves to make people laugh and has a not-so-secret dream of doing stand-up comedy. Grace has a strong passion for empowering others to take their health and wellness into their own hands. She loves building authentic relationships, making people laugh, and creating supportive communities. After a long-standing relationship with severe depression, Grace has found deep relief through the habits of Ayurveda — and much credit is due to Cate and her Body Thrive program. After taking Body Thrive several times and jumping into Yoga Health Coaching, Grace came aboard the Yogahealer team.