Aging and Menopause: The Gifts of the Stages of Life with Dr. Claudia Welch
In today's podcast, I had the pleasure to speak with Dr. Claudia Welch about aging, menopause, and all the things that don't really pause as we begin to experience the second half of the human lifespan. As our physical body and endocrine system starts to change, we emphasize how important it is for us to let go of the past and reorient our minds to look forward to the self exploration that awaits. If you're ready shift your paradigm on aging, and understand how we can surrender to find peace in the process, make sure to tune in!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How we can look at the idea of aging and see it as a liberating experience that we have the privilege to become curious about.
- The understanding that the second half of our lives is not something to dread or shy away from but rather a new phase that finally gives us the time and opportunity to plunge the depths of our souls.
- An understanding of the health benefits that accompany the acceptance of the internal adventure of aging.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Dr. Claudio Welch's Website
- Be a coach
- Have a conversation
- Discover more about Body Thrive
- Yogahealer VIP Live Events
- Yogahealer Live Experience
- How we shift our focus from our material body and our identity, which are the major focus of the first two phases of life, and are encouraged to go deep into the depths of our soul and find fulfillment there.
- What it means to reach of phase of menopause, and how it affects the perception of many different types of people.
- The value in seeking to embody and learn from the elders that increasingly find more bliss and fulfillment as they age.
- 2:30- There are four main stages of life, each of which have a specific objective and purpose for us to deeply understand and embody.
- 8:15- Understanding that there is an attractive and desirable perception of aging that we can tap into and embrace.
- 20:00- The process of menopause requires for us to let go of controlling the innate nature of our bodies and to flow with the physiological change.
- 29:05- The nature of inclusivity and how we can be limited in our behaviors that are built upon exclusivity.
- 32:30- Learning to surrender to the divine timing of the universe.
- “Then we get to the last stage of life—the moksha stage, where we’re liberated from a tremendous amount of bondage, or the cloak of personality in which we’ve become.” – Claudia
- “You are being transformed on a deep level beyond your control… there’s a surrender to that.” – Claudia
- “In this time were realizing the soul, and spending some time with it. Knowing that the process will be very uncomfortable and weird for a while, but that's what makes it interesting!” – Claudia
- “It’s choosing to surrender that leads to pleasure.” – Cate
- “Don’t clutch onto the old— let the change and morphing happen.” – Claudia
Dr. Claudia Welch is the author of Balance Your Hormones, Balance Your Life: Achieving Optimal Health and Wellness Through Ayurveda, Chinese Medicine and Western Science and The Four Qualities of Effective Physicians: Practical Ayurvedic Wisdom for Modern Physicians. She is a Doctor of Oriental Medicine, an Ayurvedic practitioner and international speaker. Dr. Welch explores how ideas in Eastern medicine apply to women’s health, and today’s reality in general. Learn more at Dr.ClaudiaWelch.com