Bad Habits… and How to Build Better Habits
What habits are keeping you down and what habits are pushing you forward? Being honest and aware of your habits is the first step to developing better ones. Like in other areas of your life, the emotions behind your habits are key to why you developed them and why you can’t seem to let them go.
In this podcast episode Cate compares the work on habits of William James and James Clear, 100 years apart, in order to underline the similarities between them. If you truly want to start changing your life by developing better habits, this is a must listen episode.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to be honest about your habits
- How to mentally rehearse a new habit
- What are the emotions behind your habits?
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Schedule a body goals session
- More about the Living Ayurveda Course
- Get some free resources
- Daily Rituals by Mason Currey
- Atomic Habits by James Clear
- Habit by William James
- Reflecting on and reviewing your habits
- Creating habits that create a mental shift
- The abrupt acquisition of a new habit
- 02:31 Self-awareness is the key to better habits
- 7:42 Incremental changes and noticing the little things
- 17:55 Consciously deciding what habits best serve you
- 26:20 Why you should never miss a habit two days in a row