Body Thrive Experience with Traveling Yogi Sydney Doolittle
Sydney’s adrenal glands were worn out from years of being overly active, constantly moving, and always wanting to push herself a little harder. She needed to slow down and make a big life change in order to get healthy, gain her energy back, and bring herself into alignment. However, changing her entire life all out once to make this happen seemed far too overwhelming and difficult. Taking the step to join one of Yogahealer’s first Body Thrive courses, in order to learn how to make incremental changes week by week in a group setting, seemed much more doable.
Sydney and Jessica talk about Sydney’s Body Thrive experiences over the past 4 years, why they are so transformative and healing, and how Sydney continues to use the techniques she has learned in her life as an active travel guide. They discuss what habits anchor us and bring us back to a grounded place, as well as how we can use these habits to cultivate and develop our intuition within the body. Working in a group setting to deepen your knowledge about health and wellness and how to bring your body back to a state of ease and balance is so powerful and so healing. It is truly an experience everyone should be a part of at least once in their lives in order to grow, transform, and use the help of others to be propelled into a healthier, more awake and aligned version of yourself.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How can BT habits help you to thrive?
- Why is it so helpful to work in groups?
- Why are Kaizen habits so important?
Links Mentioned in Episode
- Sydney’s facebook page
- Sydney’s Instagram page
- Discover more about the Body Thrive
- Sign-up for the FREE live Living Ayurveda Masterclass series now!
- 00:45- Sydney and Jessica discuss Sydney’s first experience with Yogahealer’s Body Thrive course and what big life shift made her want to jump into BT 4 years ago.
- 12:00- Sydney tells us how her life is different now since she has incorporated the BT habits, how she applies the habits to her life, and what habits anchor and ground her the most amidst her movement based lifestyle.
- 17:35- So many people look at trying to become healthy as a huge life change that can stress them out and make them feel overwhelmed. The BT habits are meant to make our lives less stressful and more easeful, giving us the tools to make small adjustments to our habits and move into healthful living one step at a time.
- “To be able to communicate makes all the difference.” – Jessica Robinson
- “These habits bring me more grounding and they allow me find time in my life to sit in stillness and meditate.” – Sydney Doolittle
- “It’s about finding the time to take a moment to myself, to sit for 5 minutes, or to do yoga for 10 minutes…For me now it’s about being able to sit and digest the experience I just had.” – Sydney Doolittle
Sydney Doolittle has been an avid yoga practitioner since she was a young girl. As a former gymnast turned coach, sharing her love of yoga by teaching others, was a natural transition. She obtained an Anusara based yoga certification at Vital Yoga in Denver, CO in 2013 and in 2016, her yoga pursuits took her to India where she studied in Rishikesh to obtain her 300 hour yoga teacher training certification. Sydney has taught in some obscure places, leading retreats with the Life Force Project in Salento, Colombia and on a yacht in the Mediterranean with Sun Fun You Fitness Voyages. Sydney recently returned from Bali where she studied Clarity Breathwork and is now certified as a Breathwork Practitioner. She currently studies Ayurveda with the American Institute of Vedic Studies, with the hopes of becoming an Ayurvedic Practitioner in the near future. She currently works as a Tribe Scribe for Yogahealer and has worked as an active travel guide for Backroads for the past 5 years, leading hiking and biking trips worldwide. She has a passion for the outdoors, hiking, snowboarding and immersing herself in the natural world as much as possible.
Show host BIO:
Jessica Graham Robinson is a yogi, mama, bodyworker, and a Yoga Health Coach (in training). She is owner of Sacred Space Healing Arts in Wyoming, where she homeschools her two children in the foothills of the mountains. Jessica is thrilled to be using the wisdom of Ayurveda to be guiding other mamas (with or without children) on the transformational journey from the dull and painful land of stagnation and resentment into the Kingdom of Thrive where they become Rhythm Champions! You can find Jessica through her website.