Dharma & Achieving Goals
We’re walking through fire element today on the podcast. Tune for Cate’s sharp insights about dharma and achieving your goals.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What fire element is.
- How to discern goals for the next chapter of your life.
- The function of Tapas in achieving goals.
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Cate reads from her new book Master of You.
- Cate tells a surfing story about her and Indi in the impact zone.
- 6:15 The sequence of the elements and why aligning space comes before fire.
- 11:20 The function of tapas.
- 19:17 Surfacing your critical issues for your next vision.
- “Thinking is an underutilized resource in your life and unless you have a contemplative practice, it’s hard to use the mind well.” – Cate Stillman
- “Ether comes before fire in this sequence. So with discernment you’re able to then see clearer, and what starts to happen, as your spaces clear and as your body habits rhythms are deeply grounded, you build resilience. And from that resilience you actually are a stronger more embodied version of yourself. You’re able to take on more, you’re able to see more. So even what you perceive as your own ambitions will be much greater from working the elements in sequence.” – Cate Stillman
- “The issues that come between you and a goal will often come in sets. And it can be heavy at times. It can be really really uncomfortable at times. And the Yogis are very clear that Tapas is not comfortable. It’s not. But if you want to transform the mundane into the extraordinary you got to cash in some chips. And you might cash in the chips of comfort if you mean it. If you really want to get there.” – Cate Stillman
- “Tapas is part of the way. It’s not an indication that things are going wrong, it’s an indication usually that things are going right. That the goal is great enough for you to actually look at what you need to become next.” – Cate Stillman