Don Jose Ruiz: Modern-day Shaman + Ancient Lineage Spiritual Teacher
I had a blast talking to Don Jose Ruiz! You can tell by listening that this modern-day shaman is so in it. Aside from authoring books, he teaches workshops and offers transformational journeys, and I have to say — just being with him, you really get a hit of ancient lineages and his spiritual training. He takes you there, even through casual conversation. In this episode, Don Jose Ruiz and I chat about ancient lineages and discuss what’s going on when people are addicted to their own suffering. Don Jose also reveals what his role as a messenger entails.
I rap with Don Jose Ruiz about being a modern-day shaman:
- Why people are addicted to their own suffering
- What it means to be a messenger
- Getting comfortable in discomfort
- What makes mentoring so critical
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Learn how to attain true freedom
- See how to overcome your inner tyrant, let go of things that are eating you alive, and learn to grow
- Understand how your mind is the real Garden of Eden
- Find out how to let your thinking become like a wild horse
- Find Don Jose Ruiz on Facebook
- Don Miguel Ruiz’s Website
- The Fifth Agreement PDF
- Living Ayurveda Preview Training
- Have a Free Body Goals Session
- The Fourth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Personal Freedom
- The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery
- Ripples of Wisdom: Cultivating the Hidden Truths from Your Heart
- My Good Friend the Rattlesnake: Stories of Loss, Truth, and Transformation
- Visual Thinking + Spiritual Intelligence with Sunni Brown
- Mentoring Teens on the Habits of Yogis from Ayurveda
- 3:40 — There are certain things that our parents can’t pass onto us, but we still need to learn them. They can’t navigate our lessons for us, but they can give us tools from our ancient lineages that help us get through things and access truths.
- 7:00 — When we’re caught up in the midst of pain or heartbreak, we’re often unable to see why we’re there. We can’t look at it objectively. But once we pass it, we can understand everything and see why it was meant to be. This healing gives us teachings we can express later throughout life.
- 14:35 — Mentoring is increasingly recognized as one of the most effective ways of learning. Teaching and passing information forward promote connection on multiple levels to build community, and they also make it easier to remember what’s important.
- 21:00 — The Toltecs see all as family. This felt perspective promotes the ability to recognize and help others through pain while connecting with people on much deeper levels.
- 28:30 — Making the choice to consciously step away from suffering is an act of love that we can all benefit from. When you really want to make a change, the decision isn’t actually that difficult — and you’ll no longer be trapped in a cage.
- 33:20 — Symbols are important, especially when they’re open to our interpretation. We can use them to fulfill our dreams and manifest visions.
- “We humans have strong intent. Always be careful what you intend — that might create a reality.” – Don Jose Ruiz
- “We cannot be there for somebody if we’re not there for ourselves first.” – Don Jose Ruiz
- “The peaceful truth doesn’t care to react; it just cares to be and witness everything.” – Don Jose Ruiz
- “Experience is the real teacher in life.” – Don Jose Ruiz
- “When we share something that was given to us, we’re not giving it to someone. We’re receiving it.” – Don Jose Ruiz
- “Once you wake up, you know the meaning of your life.” – Don Jose Ruiz
In 2010, Don Jose Ruiz released his first book, The Fifth Agreement, in partnership with his father, Don Miguel Ruiz. Following its publication, Don Jose began traveling around the United States, Mexico, and South America. Don Jose inspires people in many different ways, including through his book signings, lectures, and seminars, and by hosting journeys to Teotihuacan and other sacred sites around the world.
Don Jose’s message has been heard all over the United States, Mexico, Europe, Japan, Israel, and South America. His journeys to sacred sites have also been translated into many different languages, including Spanish, French, and German. His message changes lives and brings people closer to themselves than ever before. His passion is to help children stay away from gangs and drugs by developing healthy outlets, such as music and other creative avenues.
Don Jose enjoys working with people of all faiths and cultures. He sees all men and women as equals and feels it’s a blessing to be alive. He plans to continue to share the wisdom of his family lineage through his own life experiences.