Embrace the Chaos: Let Go of Perfectionism to Live Your Best life
By Cate Stillman
We live in a perfectionistic society. We are constantly rewarded for perfection and penalized for imperfection. But what if we accepted 80%? A solid B-? How much happier could we be in our lives if we let go of perfectionism and instead embraced the chaos while knowing that the habits we do 80% of the time will always be there to anchor us? This podcast is all about stepping into a different mindset, and nourishing all parts of ourselves while coming from a place of acceptance.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Why you shouldn’t do the habits 100% of the time!
- How to let go of perfectionism and experience deeper nourishment
- How rhythmic eating leads to an energy surplus and dynamic aging
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Farmhouse Culture Gut Shots
- Discover more about the Body Thrive
- Sign-up for the FREE live Living Ayurveda Masterclass series now!
- 32:00 – When we come across resistance in any aspect of our growth path, we can ask ourselves what we’re giving up in order to make it happen. Then we can figure out why we actually want that goal, and move forward in achieving it.
- 38:50 – Once we take pressure off ourselves and shed perfectionism, we may naturally find more easily what nourishes us.
- 41:00 – What if 80% of the habits is good enough? That allows 20% of deviation from them. Then we can allow ourselves a little bit of chaos, knowing that doing the habits 80% of the time will still anchor us.
- 51:15 – Sometimes the food we eat doesn’t nourish our physical body, but it nourishes our relationships. Sharing food can bring us closer and even improve our ability to digest it! If we recognize that, we’ll feel fulfilled from it, and we won’t actually want more.
- 56:40 – Creating a “control” environment makes us crave more of that which doesn’t serve us. If we shed duality and the idea of our choices being either “right” or “wrong,” we can enjoy the experience and be free from cravings and guilt.
- 58:00 – How many times a day does your physiology want to eat right now? Getting clear on that and eating the amount that works best for you will free up an excess of energy for other things.
- “Don’t try to do all the habits all the time!” – Cate Stillman
- “I would take 100% of anything and throw it out the window. Because it’s not fun!” – Cate Stillman
- “Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy nourishment.” – Cate Stillman
- “The more we’re able to process the experience we’re having, the less likely we are to repeat it.” – Cate Stillman
- “What does your body want to direct energy to?” – Cate Stillman
- “What is the rhythm of nourishment for your physiology?” – Cate Stillman
No comments yet, be the first to comment