OMG! – Do I have Ama? What is it and How do I heal it?
Do you wake up feeling groggy, sluggish, unclear, or ready for more sleep? Do you feel stuck, weighed down, or lethargic? Or perhaps your clothes don’t fit quite as well as they used to? If you said yes to any of these questions, there’s a good chance you have ama in your system and need to clear it out. ‘Ama’ is undigested material (food, emotions, issues) that sticks around in our physical and mental bodies, weighing us down and making us feel foggy and tired, instead of light and clear. Ama blocks the flow of consciousness, making us less awake and present in our daily lives. Jessica Robinson and I talk about what ama looks like in our bodies and minds, what creates it, and how we can rid ourselves of it. Listen in to this juicy podcast for some serious detoxifying information that will help you to thrive and live an ama free life!
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What is Ama?
- How does it affect me?
- How do I heal it?
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Free video series Healthier Hormones with Dr. Claudia Welch and Cate Stillman
- Body Thrive Book
- Yoga Health Coaching
- Body Thrive
- ELD challenge
- Jessica website’s
- Healthier Hormones
- 1:45- Rebecca talks about ‘Ama’. She tells us what ama is, how we accumulate it and what it feels like.
- 10:15- We tie the conversation into the 10 Body Thrive Habits and how the habits start to digest the ama and rid our systems of it.
- 20:30- How effective the group dynamic is when we are trying to shift habits and live more in alignment with our bodies natural rhythms that allow us to thrive.
- “Ama is not something that you get rid of, it is something you digest.” -Cate Stillman
- “Ama blocks the flow of consciousness, it blocks the flow of intelligence.” -Cate Stillman
- “We become much more liberated as we become more integrated.” -Cate Stillman
Jessica is a yogi, mama, bodyworker, and a Yoga Health Coach (in training). She is the owner of Sacred Space Healing Arts in Wyoming, where she homeschools her two children in the foothills of the mountains. Jessica is thrilled to be using the wisdom of Ayurveda to be guiding other mamas (with or without children) on the transformational journey from the dull and painful land of stagnation and resentment into the Kingdom of Thrive where they become Rhythm Champions! You can find Jessica through her website and her facebook page.