How to Make your own CBD Joint Pain Relieving Balm
About 20 years ago, Hilary was facing a problem, she kept getting hurt snowboarding and biking. As a trained herbalist she thought of a solution to help with the pain and healing her injuries – she started making balms.
Hilsbalm is a joint pain relieving balm, made with Escoba, Arnica and Saint John’s. Being aware of the effects of CBD, Hilary also created a CBD version of her hit joint balm.
Listen to the podcast and learn more about making your one balms and plant infusions.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How to make a fresh plant infusion
- How to use CBD for your joint
- How to reconnect to the plants around you
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Find out more about Kannavita
- Learn more about the Living Ayurveda Course
- Get some free resources
- Get some Hilsbalm with CBD oil
- Hilary explains how to choose essential oils and their effect on circulation
- Hilary talks about people being CBD deficient
- Hilary shares her personal recipe for an immune tonic
- Cate talks about empowering your health and becoming a self-healer
- 3:49 Escoba, Arnica and Saint John’s and their health benefits
- 10:42 Making your own fresh plant infusion
- 17:58 The impact of CBD and the various reactions to it
- 29:50 The relationship between plants and people
- 44:17 The best oils to use on your face
Hilary Diana McCurry is an herbalist and body worker living in Carpinteria, California, with a strong love for tending her gardens of veggies, herbs and fruits.
In 1993, she graduated from UCSC with a BA in Community Studies focused on Environmental Education. Her growing passion for herbs took her to Boulder where she attended The Rocky Mountain Center for Botanical Studies from 1995-98. The talented teachers and diverse curriculum provided an incredible education in material medica, plant identification, medicine making and clinical work. It was during this time that she formulated ‘The Balm’ to soothe the aches from hiking, mountain biking and snowboarding in the Rockies. She ended up teaching snowboarding in Snowmass for the next four winters.
In the Summer of 1999, she took my first massage classes and fell in love with bodywork. For the past 19 years she has maintained a successful and fulfilling massage practice.
In 2008, she lost her home in the Tea Fire. Her herb company, Sister Brother Botanicals, rose from the ashes and has been growing ever since. She offers a range of handmade organic herbal products including HilsBalm, CBD HilsBalm, Granny’s Garden Salve, Avery’s Lip Balms, Elderberry Syrup and Fire Cider available locally and in her website- HilsBalm.com