How Much Sleep do I Need (for Healing?)
I’m often surprised at how much lack of awareness there is on how much sleep the body needs. If you’ve been in sleep deprivation mode for awhile, and your body breaks down – your immune system breaks down, or your mental or emotional body breaks down – and you’re wondering how long it is going to take to reset your system, to get to a place that’s better than you’ve ever been before and is sustaining, this is the podcast for you.
I’m really excited about these little incubators for the habits of body thrive that we’ve been developing and playing with. Right now we have one going on the first habit, Earlier, Lighter Dinner. It’s 14-days, free, and you will be amazed at how much better you feel waking up in the morning. You can join at www.yogahealer.com/challenge. You will get more of the kind of information in this podcast if you join.
I rap about:
- How most people don’t even notice or recognize the effects of sleep deprivation in ourselves or loved ones
- The importance of not overfilling or ignoring our “energy bucket,” or how much experience, food, and stimulants we put into ourselves and our days.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Understand how energy works from an Ayurvedic perspective and be better equipped to manage your sleep to manage your energy & health
- Gain a better sense of the impact of sleep on our ability to digest, our ability to repair and maintain our cells and immune systems, and our ability to maintain solid energy without stimulants
- Soup with Cate Stillman
- Idiot’s Guide to Yoga with Millenial Sahara Rose
- Ayurveda for Health and Disease
- Fit Not Thin Webinar
- 2:42 – There is a serious epidemic of sleep deprivation in this country & it has serious ramifications, including more car accidents
- 6:28 – In order to understand the importance of sleep, understanding the Ayurvedic perspective on energy and energy management makes a big difference
- 11:10 – Without resetting our sleep cycle, we cannot maintain the health of our bodies, it is possible for all of us to better tune into the subtle energy of restful sleep and when the system gets off kilter
- “The crazy thing about sleep deprivation is people don’t realize that they have it. They don’t realize all the effects they are living with.” – Cate Stillman
- “Immune integrity in Ayurveda is when every cell knows the boss, when every cell works together, and we end up with an energy surplus” – Cate Stillman
- “Until we take the time to reset the rhythm on sleep, we don’t get to experience immune integrity” – Cate Stillman