Ayurveda for Health and Disease
I just put it out through email: what do you want to learn next? I love doing webinars, and I love talking about Ayurveda. For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Cate Stillman. I started Yogahealer.com in 2001 as a Clinical Ayurvedic Specialist — basically as an Ayurvedic Practitioner and Yoga Teacher. And I absolutely love having very practical, innovative conversations about Ayurveda.
So I put it out via email to ask what the community wants to learn next. Do we want to look at Ayurveda for constitutions? Do we want to look at health and disease? Do we want to look at Ayurveda for the season, and the season that we’re going into? We had a lot of neck-and-neck responses; a lot of us wanted to learn about all of those topics. But the one that rose slightly above the other ones was on Ayurveda for health and disease. So that’s what we’re talking about today. I have a lecture that’s about an hour long, and then host a Q+A session.
I rap about Ayurveda for health and disease:
- How disease and healing work from an Ayurvedic perspective
- What healing actually is, and the importance of being in sync with nature
- How self-healers, family healers, and pro-healers can incorporate Ayurveda to more quickly get to the root of what’s troubling them
- Why you need to know what enstasy is
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- Learn what to do if your body or mind is experiencing “technical difficulties”
- Find out how to embark on your own self-healer path
- Learn the primary causes of disease and disintegration on a cellular level
- Gain a better understanding of the true costs associated with misunderstanding disease
- Detox, Rejuvenation, + the 3 Causes of Disease
- How to Heal Your Ancestral Patterns with Ayurveda with Sarita Rocco
- Siva Mohan on Ayurveda, Thyroid issues, + Wellness Epidemics
- Siddhis + Samskaras on Your Personal Wellness Journey
- 6:00 — We are our own test subjects when it comes to learning what works best for us, health-wise and in thrive. Finding out what works for our bodies is a process. We need to learn to run better experiments so that tomorrow is better than today, and so that we can not only help ourselves, but also help families and clients.
- 11:30 — There are costs of not understanding disease. These aren’t just costs involved with the country’s healthcare system or the supplement industry — costs that feed off a lack of deep, foundational knowledge. They are costs of not understanding how your body works, and not understanding Ayurveda.
- 17:15 — Many people’s entire lifestyles just aren’t working for them today. Our culture isn’t in sync with nature’s rhythms. And we’re covering this up with a range of “band-aids” in the form of pharmaceuticals and surgeries. We need to learn about the natural energies behind who we are.
- 21:50 — When thinking of disease and health, we must always remember Cause and Effect. We must remember that we frequently can’t see the causes, but we can see the effects — the disease. Understanding cause and effect is essential in finding clarity about changing our own causes to change our effects.
- 33:30 — We are wired for bliss and deeply satisfying intimacy in our relationships. That’s one of the roots of health. We have a responsibility to get to the root of dis-ease in relationships to break cyclical drama patterns.
- 45:30 — Eventually, a physical disease becomes metaphysical. We start to point our awareness inward, and we discover the roots of disease. And, while looking within ourselves, we start to discover our different bodies — there are so many more than just our physical bodies.
- 1:03:00 — The Q+A session with webinar listeners begins.
- “I have a penchant for making the practical wisdom of ancient medicine a little bit more accessible for modern humans, just so we can have great lives, and raise our kids, and be a little bit more interconnected, a little bit more enlightened, and a lot more healthy than we might otherwise be.” – Cate Stillman
- “Everything around us is the beauty of the universe that created us.” –Cate Stillman
- “You want to get to the root of what’s going on with you. You want to understand cause and effect with yourself.” –Cate Stillman
- “There’s a cost to not understanding the basic wisdom of Ayurveda. How much do you spend vs. invest in your body wisdom?” –Cate Stillman
- “We are nature. We are our ecosystems.” –Cate Stillman
- “The roots of disease are the same, and the roots of healing are the same.” –Cate Stillman