Nursing Through Covid, an Autoimmune Success Story with Sam Norman
Samantha received her first autoimmune diagnosis at age thirteen. Growing up in a family dedicated to allopathic medicine, Sam followed the same path and became a nurse. At thirty, however, after being diagnosed with thyroid cancer, Sam opened up to the wellness world and eventually became a member of Yoga Health Coaching.
Recently Samantha tested positive for COVID 19. She was amazed by the resilience her immune system had built over the past 10 years. With very few symptoms, she was mostly fine, which was not the case with some of her coworkers.
Listen to the episode to learn more about building your immune system, fight inflammation and the importance of healthy habits.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- How COVID affects people differently
- How stress impacts the immune system
- How to design your immune system
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Tai-Chi shaking video
- Learn more about the Living Ayurveda Course
- Get some free resources
- Find out more about Sam
- Dealing with autoimmune diseases and thyroid cancer
- Supporting your lymphatic system after testing positive for COVID 19
- The impact of being Kapha to your immune system
- 2:44 Facing multiple autoimmune diagnosis and testing positive for COVID
- 11:20 The impact of fear on your immune system
- 25:18 Focusing on your potential and adjusting your habits to it
- 28:48 Reorganizing and designing your immune system
Sam Norman decided to shift gears from western nursing to ayurvedic healing about ten years ago when she saw the power of the whole body treatment modality to heal chronic illness in her own body. She is the owner and creator of Family Healer a virtual community where she guides clients on seasonal cleanses twice a year and teaches others the foundation of ayurveda as a framework for lifestyle and consequently healing in her Become Your Own Healer Course.