Scaling Your Life Out of Overwhelm with Brian Solis
In today’s podcast, I had the pleasure of sitting down with Brian Solis to talk about his new book Lifescale: Escape from the Dark Side of Distractions to Live a Better Life. We discussed everything from raising children with technology, how social media is affecting our creativity, brain science and productivity, and what is really addictive about Netflix. If you want to change your life by shifting your relationship with technology (and therefore your health!) be sure to check out the latest episode Scaling Your Life Out of Overwhelm with Brian Solis.
What you’ll get out of tuning in:
- What technology and Ayurveda have in common
- How to reawaken your deep creativity
- How and why it is important to treat technology like a drug (especially for our children)
Links Mentioned in Episode:
- Brian’s website
- Brian’s facebook
- Lifescale: How to Live a More Creative, Productive, and Happy Life
- Be a coach
- Have a conversation
- Yogahealer VIP Live Events
- Yogahealer Live Experience
- Discover more about Body Thrive
- Apply for Body Thrive
- How social media makes us all the same by removing our ability to truly express creativity.
- How Netflix, and technology is general, is as addictive as a drug, and needs to be treated as such.
- How technology is rewiring our brains, and therefore hindering our productivity.
- 4:50 The problem with living a digital lifestyle
- 23:00 How social media has quelled creativity
- 37:00 Parents weaning their children off of devices
- “The problem when we live this digital lifestyle, we all in the same ways become little micro celebrities, some folks become real celebrities, that we suddenly have audiences and we suddenly have engagement and we have all of these chemicals running through our body every time we use these devices and apps, where we feel good in those moments and we want more and want to build it more and want to live it more, so we start doing the things that get more of that. The warning signs are all over the place, but what we don’t realize is that yesterday’s warning signs are affecting a person of who we were yesterday and now we are someone different today, and tomorrow we are going to be someone different as well, and that’s the danger of this.” – Brian Solis
- “How can I redefine happiness, how can I redefine success in a modern era on my terms?” – Brian Solis
- “It’s a gift to realize that in the darkness is the light.” – Brian Solis
- “Sleep is Netflix’s biggest competition.” – Brian Solis
- “You can’t have health and wellness without that clarity.” – Cate Stillman
- “Creativity has never been more important, artistic expression has never been more important, liberal arts has never been more important. Breaking free from our dependency on forms of technology and actually being ourselves and expressing ourselves in unique ways, even if the world doesn’t see it, is actually what is going to help us stand out in this world where everybody is essentially the same.” – Brian Solis
A digital analyst, anthropologist, and futurist, Solis has studied and influenced the effects of emerging technology on business, marketing, and culture. His research and his books help executives, and also everyday people, better understand the relationship between the evolution of technology and its impact on business and society and also the role we each play in it. As a result of his work, Solis also helps leading brands, celebrities, and startups develop new digital transformation, culture 2.0, and innovation strategies and that enable businesses to adapt to new connected markets from the inside out. Connect with Solis with his website and facebook.